PDA

View Full Version : My Hard Drive Died. . .

Jaycinth
05-29-2009, 02:34 AM
But, I had backed up all of my work first to a USB and then to an external hard drive*whew*

HAVE
YOU
BACKED UP YOUR INFORMATION RECENTLY?

Williebee
05-29-2009, 02:38 AM
woot. way to go.

btw, you wear that outfit around your daughter???

Can I come over?

:)

Jaycinth
05-29-2009, 03:03 AM
woot. way to go.

btw, you wear that outfit around your daughter???

Can I come over?

:)

Thanks to the economic recovery mandated by Congress, all accounting professionals now dress this way.

BACK UP YOUR WORK DAILY!

Calla Lily
05-29-2009, 03:04 AM
Already do, Mistress. :) Glad you made a complete recovery!

Pat~
05-29-2009, 03:11 AM
Big relief felt for you, Lady Jay. Good on you for backing up faithfully!

(And, no, I haven't. Because I haven't done any writing to back up lately. :o)

rhymegirl
05-29-2009, 04:10 AM
Sorry you lost your drive.

My husband brought me home a new mouse. It blinks.

Maryn
05-29-2009, 04:35 AM
May I shake your hand? (I would have said 'touch the hem of your garment,' but that's so tight I'd be doing other touching, too.) Because you are the very first person I've known whose hard drive failed and who had a complete back-up.

Maryn, bowing low before you

Haggis
05-29-2009, 04:43 AM
My Hard Drive Died. . .

They've got pills for that nowadays.

aadams73
05-29-2009, 04:53 AM
Way to go--although that does suck about your drive.

Make that two of us who had a complete back up. My PC bit the dust a couple of weeks ago. Total work lost? ZERO!

Jaycinth
05-29-2009, 04:58 AM
May I shake your hand? (I would have said 'touch the hem of your garment,' but that's so tight I'd be doing other touching, too.) Because you are the very first person I've known whose hard drive failed and who had a complete back-up.

Maryn, bowing low before you

Hugs back, Maryn!

I've lost so much to system failures over the years, that I'm a maniac about it.

But this time I was lucky. I had just bought the external drive and had just done a complete backup....and the next day it died.

Unfortunately, my daughter lost her final paper and had to spend memorial day retyping it from notes.

Have I mentioned that everyone should back up everything? Back up your financial software frequently.

You can make up more fiction, but the government does not look kindly on folks who fictionalize finances:guns:

Silver King
05-29-2009, 05:19 AM
Sorry you lost your drive.

My husband brought me home a new mouse. It blinks.
Hopefully it's not because you've lost your drive also and he thinks that'll make up for it.

rhymegirl
05-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Hopefully it's not because you've lost your drive also and he thinks that'll make up for it.

No, it's because he stole the mouse I had on my desk and I was complaining about my missing mouse.

regdog
05-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Glad you had everything on back-up and no I don't

Bmwhtly
05-29-2009, 05:01 PM
HAVE
YOU

BACKED UP YOUR INFORMATION RECENTLY?
Nope.