Business Cards

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Have you considered creating your own? You can buy card stock that prints in full pages then tears apart as business cards. This way you can print however many you need without ordering large quantities and change your info at any time and simply create new cards.

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
I've used VistaPrint in the past; there are free options though you'll have their logo on the back of the card, I think. They're not expensive and have many templates to choose from or you can upload your own work.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I've thought about that, I just haven't learned how to use the program I've already installed. Hm...
Not sure which program you've installed, but most basic word processing software can easily be used to create business cards. That's what I do. Mine aren't real fancy, though. I just go with dark lettering on light background without any images that might obscure the content. That seems to work fine, since all I want to convey is how best to contact me, which is really the only point of a business card.

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
I just checked my Vistaprint cards and they do not have their logo on them. They're good quality cards (you can upgrade cardstock but that costs money) The free cards are good quality though, and they have lots and lots of design options all for free, you can even have something on the back (mine are just a green to match the front design) and all you pay for is shipping. plus you get lots of email ads from them but easy enough to just delete it. I also have free notepads from them, handy for writing myself notes, and i got stationary and free cards as well. again, all i paid was shipping which to canada was not very expensive.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've also done Vista Print over the years for various needs; you have their logo on the back if you go with their periodic "totally free" business cards offer (paying only for shipping). The logo didn't really bother me too much--but recently I upgraded as I wanted my card photo image to match my Etsy shop banner. If you upgrade at all, I think that's when you don't have the logo on the back.

Their card prices are low, though their shipping is a bit high, I think, to compensate. But I've been happy with them. Their site is easy to use, and they store your card designs for future use (or editing options).

spamwarrior

rewriting.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
acurrentundersea.wordpress.com
I've seen Vistaprint cards and really liked them. The program I use right now is called "Pages" and they do have a business card option. Most of the card designs are really plain. I guess I'll figure it out for now. Thanks for all the help!

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
It's quite simple to set up a business card template in Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Word. You can import a multitude of designs to produce good quality cards. Plus it's a lot cheaper than using software, and like Silverking said you can buy specific card stock for business cards. It's quite straight forward to set up the measurements too, and you can print as many as you need. This is what I have done in the past, and still do for my staff at work.

spamwarrior

rewriting.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
acurrentundersea.wordpress.com
Oh my gosh, vistaprint is offering 250 cards for free... pay shipping!

I don't have Microsoft Word installed in my computer. I used to have Openoffice until it started acting wonky. Next time I go to Staples I'll check out the card stock. The only card stock I have is the really heavy kind.

GabrielNovo

Cuban Nomad
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gabrielnovo.com
VistaPrint is a good suggestion, but I'm partial to Overnightprints.com. Request samples from them and you'll be impressed by the high quality and reasonable prices. The stock is great, they have a couple of finish options and rounded corners can be thrown in as well.

I've never had any luck coming up with my own designs for business cards, so I've either enlisted the help of friends or hired a graphic designer depending on what I need. Recently, I had new writer-ly cards put together. I used Aidan Moher who is not only a great graphic designer, but runs a fantastic literary blog called A Dribble of Ink.

The guy is talented, very easy to work with, quick to respond and fairly priced. If anyone does use his services, please let him know I referred you.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I ran across this thread in another forum, where folks are discussing other services VistaPrint provides, which might be useful beyond business cards.