Wish me luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

LloydBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydwrites.com
I have NF proposals out to several agents whose guidelines state that they represent the type of book I'm proposing.

I feel very confident, so no fear of rejections. Sure, I'll get some, but I either laugh at rejections or blow them off entirely. They don't bother me. I'm just excited about what I might get back.

Add another page to my mom's photo album: baby's first literary agent.

azbikergirl

I really do look like this.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fantasyauthor.blogspot.com
Good luck! Just remember -- agents are busy people. IMO, it's unrealistic to expect an answer within 24 hours. It may still take weeks -- and some agents won't reply by email if they're not interested, which leaves the author wondering whether the email even made it to their inbox. That's why agents who give the option of querying by email or snail mail always get a printed query from me, with SASE of course.

LloydBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydwrites.com
azbikergirl said:
Good luck! Just remember -- agents are busy people. IMO, it's unrealistic to expect an answer within 24 hours.

LOL, I know. I worked with one editor that really spoiled me. I used to send him an e-mail...and then wait for the response. :)

Most of the agents I submitted to say to wait four weeks. I'm sure it'll go by in a flash. That should give me enough time to finish the book I'm on and then chew halfway through the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.