PDA

View Full Version : Archie Proposes To Vernonica!!!!

Saskatoonistan
05-28-2009, 03:43 PM
After 70 years, Archie has gone for the brunette!

http://tinyurl.com/qyjd9g

Hmmmm well I always thought Veronica was the hotter one.

Ken
05-28-2009, 03:56 PM
... nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Veronica may be hotter, but Betty has a much nicer personality :-)

Saskatoonistan
05-28-2009, 04:00 PM
It kind of makes you wonder who poor Betty will wind up with ... Dilton?

I always thought Reggie would wind up with Veronica - sigh. Change sucks, eh?

Ken
05-28-2009, 04:05 PM
... yep. I suppose that saying about opposites attracting holds true.

ChristineR
05-28-2009, 04:05 PM
They'll find some way to spin it...either he'll change his mind and stay single, or he'll end up with Betty.

If not that, then it's a trick to fool someone, or he's mind controlled, or it's a robot that looks like him, or it's the look alike guy from Archie vs. the Punisher, or she used a love potion and will regret it and release him, or...you know. Comic book stuff.

Saskatoonistan
05-28-2009, 04:19 PM

If not that, then it's a trick to fool someone, or he's mind controlled, or it's a robot that looks like him, or it's the look alike guy from Archie vs. the Punisher.

This one? :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ac/ArchiePunisher.jpg

Marian Perera
05-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Veronica will probably regret it later, when she realizes Archie can't exactly keep her in the lifestyle to which she is accustomed.

Veronica is a better match for Reggie anyway.

Jersey Chick
05-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Oh noes! There is something really wrong with the universe if the wedding goes off! Archie belongs with Betty...

Wayne K
05-28-2009, 05:06 PM
I'm kind of partial to Midge.

Moose is a tough customer though.

M.R.J. Le Blanc
05-28-2009, 05:21 PM
He's going to be one henpecked husband, I'll tell you that much.

ChristineR
05-28-2009, 05:32 PM
This one? :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ac/ArchiePunisher.jpg

You mean there was another one? :D

Saskatoonistan
05-28-2009, 05:37 PM
You mean there was another one? :D

I was thinking of a whack of HEAVILY religious themed Archie comics from the 70's. There was one, I vaguely remember, where a punisher character was there... representing evil and Satan and stuff. Anyone remember these series of Archie Comics?

Ken
05-28-2009, 05:42 PM
He's going to be one henpecked husband, I'll tell you that much.

:-D

ChristineR
05-28-2009, 05:49 PM
I read some of the Christian Archies, but I don't remember any Satan characters. Mostly it was stuff about the characters getting into moral dilemmas and doing the right thing after reading the Bible, as I recall.

There's some scans here (http://generationexploitation.blogspot.com/2006/06/history-of-christian-archi_114951302719460209.html)--I also had The Cross and the Switchblade and God's Smuggler and There's A New World Coming.

I did not have the Chuck Colson apologetic, at least. :tongue

Soccer Mom
05-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Office Party incoming in 3...2...1...

C.bronco
05-28-2009, 06:58 PM
70 years? I sense commitment anxiety. He may get cold feet.

rhymegirl
05-28-2009, 07:13 PM
It's about time.
What a long courtship!

Pagey's_Girl
05-28-2009, 08:29 PM
I was thinking of a whack of HEAVILY religious themed Archie comics from the 70's. There was one, I vaguely remember, where a punisher character was there... representing evil and Satan and stuff. Anyone remember these series of Archie Comics?

I remember some of those, but not that one. The ones I saw (courtesy of a well-meaning relative) were kind of preachy and syrupy.

On the total flipside of that, I read about a Tiajuana-bible type comic that had (among other characters getting busy) Archie setting his father up with a three-way with Betty and Veronica. Not sure I'd want to read that one. (It was in this book called OH SH*T - The World's Weirdest Comics. And that was one of the tamer ones talked about in the book...)

BenPanced
05-28-2009, 08:41 PM
And after he gets married, he'll get resurrected and split into Archie Red and Archie Blue and it'll be up to Lois to join the two halves again...

Wait. Wrong storyline. Let me start over...

He'll get hit in the head by a golf ball and wake up in bed in Chicago with Emily...

Hold on...I'll get it at some point...

They'll find some way to spin it...either he'll change his mind and stay single, or he'll end up with Betty.
Veronica will leave him at the altar. Just watch.

Mela
05-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Well, of course he's gonna propose to Veronica - she's the one with all the money.
On the flip side, I can't figure out why Veronica would really want Archie, with that perpetually dumb cheesy look on his face.
Oh, honey.
Sugar, sugar.

blacbird
05-28-2009, 11:10 PM
If they really wanted to bring this lame comic into the 21st Century, Betty would propose to Veronica and leave Archie crying.

Or maybe Jughead.

caw

Shadow_Ferret
05-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Here I thought Archie had more sense than this. He's been getting it from both for 70 years, why'd he want to mess that up?

BenPanced
05-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Here I thought Archie had more sense than this. He's been getting it from both for 70 years, why'd he want to mess that up?
Dude. Veronica. Bookoo $$$ and then some. I mean, they've been in high school for how long now? His job prospects ain't lookin' too good right now.

astonwest
05-29-2009, 03:34 AM

By my figuring, I think he's going to marry the rich Veronica, and keep Betty for his urges on the side...

And the two of them won't care...they've been letting him play both sides of the street for decades. :)

dclary
05-29-2009, 03:49 AM
Did you notice it's part 1 of 6?

As my girlfriend said "If he picked veronica you know it will end poorly."

She's right. This is build-up to a wedding that doesn't go off. Somehow it'll be status quo by the end of the 6th part of the storyline.

underthecity
05-29-2009, 05:05 AM
I have a copy of Archie Meets the Punisher. I love that one. It's a great story and a great matchup of comic book characters. I was very disappointed they only did the one.

The Christian based comic books were put out by Spire Comics. I read a few; they were very weird. It was like the "alterna-verse" of Archie Comics, where Archie always faced some sort of moral dilemma, prayed to God for guidance, then did the right thing in the end. Very preachy, very moralistic.

I read untold hundreds of Archie comics as I was growing up, and the thought of Archie actually marrying either Veronica or Betty doesn't make any sense. That's like when a TV show gives in and changes its premise midway. Like in Ellen, with Ellen Degeneres, when she announced she was gay. From that point on, the show was about her being gay and it wasn't a good show anymore. Cancelled soon after, as I recall.

The website linked to in the original post did not actually say Archie would marry Veronica. It's only speculation. It only said "big things are coming" later this year. Expect a big surprise.

My guess would be that Archie Comics will kill off the character and end the series. It's really gone stale. It had gone stale about fifteen years ago when they were recycling old stories, and even swiping storylines from Beetle Bailey!

BenPanced
05-29-2009, 05:19 AM
Did you notice it's part 1 of 6?

As my girlfriend said "If he picked veronica you know it will end poorly."

She's right. This is build-up to a wedding that doesn't go off. Somehow it'll be status quo by the end of the 6th part of the storyline.
And it probably won't get mentioned again for another 25 years, when he FINALLY proposes to Big Ethel. Another cheap shot a comic publisher takes just to boost sales and create an artifical spike in secondary-market pricing.

The website linked to in the original post did not actually say Archie would marry Veronica. It's only speculation. It only said "big things are coming" later this year. Expect a big surprise.

My guess would be that Archie Comics will kill off the character and end the series. It's really gone stale. It had gone stale about fifteen years ago when they were recycling old stories, and even swiping storylines from Beetle Bailey!
They mentioned on the site that Veronica accepts, so, yeah, her accepting and them going through with it aren't the same thing.

(Didn't Superman/Clark Kent and Lois Lane get married for realz at least three times during the course of their myriad comic series?)