Sony E-reader or Kindle?

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
I know- I've read all the arguements about holding a real book as opposed to an electronic device- but lets pretend- if you were going to buy one- which would it be?

I have looked at both and can't decide which is better as far as ease of downloading, glare(or lack there of) battery life ect...

Anyone have any thoughts?
Cause, yeah I'm going to get one- but which one??

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a friend who has the new model Kindle and loves it. I have to say it is pretty impressive.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Is thatthe one with the bigger screen?

fringle

always abroad
Registered
Reaction score
I've never used the Sony E-reader, but I'm obsessed with my Kindle in a can't-live-without-it kind of way. So obsessed, that when my daughter took her pink, Disney Princess phone to my screen and busted it when we were 6,000 miles away from the US, I went into a super panic until I found someone to buy me a new one and bring it to me.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's the one featured on Amazon's main page. I just know it as the new model.

Does the Sony allow for built-in wireless downloads?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh. I see there is an even newer model Kindle, the DX, with a larger screen. I'm not sure which one my friend has, probably the smaller screen model because she got it last Christmas.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Since we can't use Kindles in Canada, I have to choose from the others. I had a look at the Sony E-reader at the Sony store and it's really keen, but I heard there was a limited range of files you can use, and that there is also a time limit you can keep the files on it? Is this true?

Also, there is the EBookwise E-reader, but I don't know if they have a current model. I hear you can upload lots of different kinds of files.