Singer/songwriter - My sister, Vicky Harris

Cassie88

Make mine a double entendre
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been meaning to post this for ages. My sister, Vicky put out her own CD. She is a singer/songwriter and write lyrics and music for all the songs. When it came out, it was featured on CD BABY...here's what CD BABY president, Derek Sivers had to say:

"Vicky, I love your CD 'Touch' so much I'm going to feature it on the front page of CD BABY...We're really picky about what goes on the front page. We get about 75 new albums a day coming in here....and yours is one of the best I've ever heard.'"

And here is just one of many wonderful reviews:

Margot Page... "If you buy only one CD, treat yourself to this one! Because you gotta hear this woman sing. The pure soaring voice of Vicky Harris just won't let me go. With shades of new-century Joni Mitchell and Bonnie Raitt, she sings like a mature angel and possesses the songwriting talent of a poet and sage. ....... "

You can go to vickyharris.com but I found some of the songs played better on the CD BABY site... I recommend "Ordinary Day" for openers...

www.cdbaby.com/cd/vickyharris

The title of her cd is "Touch" but I renamed it "Cry" as I cry through most of it. "Ordinary Day" is about our family growing up ...4 girls, the 4 boys...she writes about when the boys were young.

Hope some of you check her out. You won't be disappointed.

Cassie

alanna

Registered
Reaction score
i'm listening to "falling" right now. very very nice. i like, and if i had extra money i'd buy.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Cassie- I just picked up the whole CD on I-tunes. It's really great. Thanks for sharing :)

Cassie88

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sara, that's great. Makes me happy.

Cassie

Cassie88

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
black winged fighter, can't wait to hear what you think!

Cass

LaBell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bellmusicproductions.com
I just checked it out and your sister is WONDERFUL! A beautiful voice, and I love how she plays guitar. I'm going to pass her info along to my son - I know he will really enjoy it. (He's a guitar player, too.)

Cassie88

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Godfather, just noticed that you got Vicky's cd... wonderful... my sister thanks you. And Linda, if I had final say about the songs for the video we spoke about in another post, I'd use "Sisters" for the first section showing the twins baby pics, etc. We may end up using it afterall...right now, we're making sure we've haven't missed any songs... I've done a number of these videos for friends and I get nuts over it all... wanting the PERFECT song .... in tempo, feeling... making sure the song was written and sung in the era of the people in the pics... for instance, there will be a short section in the very beginning of the video with pics of the parents ...and I'll suggest using a song from the 30's or 40's... I suggested as a possible.. "A Kiss to Build a Dream On"....and my friend really likes that..
Anyway, back to my sister's cd... isn't it amazing!!