I have money and don't know how to spend it!

Thump

defying grabbity
Registered
Reaction score
Spending one short day in the Emerald City
Eep! I need help guys!

I've got a £15 Amazon.co.uk gift certificate (good thing I live in England, what?) and I have no idea what to buy! Too much choice! Brain-splosion!

So, I've already decided I'm gonna get the complete works of Shakespeare and that leaves me about...£13 to spend (woot! Cheapness!).

I really want big anthologies of goodness, I like the classics, sci-fi, fantasy and YA. I do not like romance, horror or thrillers unless they are literary :)

Oh, I also like cookbooks and gigantic books of knitting patterns.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
Classics are always good! I'm working on getting fancy editions of children's classics, good sets of Grimm and Anderson tales, I've a nice one of a Lewis Carrol set.

Cool beans on the Shakespeare set. :)

Deleted member 42

Eep! I need help guys!

I've got a £15 Amazon.co.uk gift certificate (good thing I live in England, what?) and I have no idea what to buy! Too much choice! Brain-splosion!

So, I've already decided I'm gonna get the complete works of Shakespeare and that leaves me about...£13 to spend (woot! Cheapness!).

I really want big anthologies of goodness.

If you like classics, look for the Oxford Anthologies; there's a two volume Oxford Poetry anthology that's quite lovely.

Deleted member 42

You can get a copy of Writer's Market and send it to me XD XD XD

They have it at your local library, and a new version comes out every year.

Plus, people pay to be included in it--I'm not sure but that it might have outlived its usefulness in the Internet era, particularly when so many markets are folding.

spamwarrior

rewriting.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
acurrentundersea.wordpress.com
They have it at your local library, and a new version comes out every year.

Plus, people pay to be included in it--I'm not sure but that it might have outlived its usefulness in the Internet era, particularly when so many markets are folding.

I just found that my library has it.

*blushes in shame*