PDA

View Full Version : I have money and don't know how to spend it!

Thump
05-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Eep! I need help guys!

I've got a 15 Amazon.co.uk gift certificate (good thing I live in England, what?) and I have no idea what to buy! Too much choice! Brain-splosion!

So, I've already decided I'm gonna get the complete works of Shakespeare and that leaves me about...13 to spend (woot! Cheapness!).

I really want big anthologies of goodness, I like the classics, sci-fi, fantasy and YA. I do not like romance, horror or thrillers unless they are literary :)

Oh, I also like cookbooks and gigantic books of knitting patterns.

Susie
05-27-2009, 07:35 PM
Way2go and that's a great prob. to have, Thump. Get something cool. :)

Button
05-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Classics are always good! I'm working on getting fancy editions of children's classics, good sets of Grimm and Anderson tales, I've a nice one of a Lewis Carrol set.

Cool beans on the Shakespeare set. :)

Thump
05-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Ooh Grimm and Anderson tales... there's an idea...

spamwarrior
05-27-2009, 09:42 PM
You can get a copy of Writer's Market and send it to me XD XD XD

Ok, ok, seriously. Get something cool.

Medievalist
05-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Eep! I need help guys!

I've got a 15 Amazon.co.uk gift certificate (good thing I live in England, what?) and I have no idea what to buy! Too much choice! Brain-splosion!

So, I've already decided I'm gonna get the complete works of Shakespeare and that leaves me about...13 to spend (woot! Cheapness!).

I really want big anthologies of goodness.

If you like classics, look for the Oxford Anthologies; there's a two volume Oxford Poetry anthology that's quite lovely.

Medievalist
05-27-2009, 10:14 PM
You can get a copy of Writer's Market and send it to me XD XD XD

They have it at your local library, and a new version comes out every year.

Plus, people pay to be included in it--I'm not sure but that it might have outlived its usefulness in the Internet era, particularly when so many markets are folding.

Ken
05-27-2009, 10:14 PM
... when in doubt, to charity hand out ;-)

spamwarrior
05-27-2009, 10:49 PM
They have it at your local library, and a new version comes out every year.

Plus, people pay to be included in it--I'm not sure but that it might have outlived its usefulness in the Internet era, particularly when so many markets are folding.

I just found that my library has it.

*blushes in shame*