Ok, so now it's time to officially check my man-card at the door v. BABIES

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
So, here's what happened....

I had my kids this weekend, and my daughter's birthday party was sunday. She got this little baby doll that crawls, and laughs, and turns it's head. It's kinda small and she absolutely loved it.

Fast forward....we get home. I'm sitting in my chair (MY damn chair lol) and she's playing and my son is watching the Bee Movie. I look over and the damn baby doll is cooing and making noises.

So, I pick it up, and put it on my chest. I rubbed the back of it's head and said "This is MY baby..." to tease her a little (she set me straight lol).

And...in that brief moment between the time I put it on my chest and the time she ripped it off of my chest in a huff....I looked down at the baby....and....fell in love with it.

lol, well, not really. But suddenly a flood of memories of holding my kids in the same way came over me, and I suddenly realized how much I missed that. I found myself really wanting to have another little baby.

All because of a stupid doll.

And so, I officially check my man-card at the door. Men don't want cute little babies...we eat babies for breakfast. *puffs out chest*

What happened?

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Does this doll smell like a real baby? Personally, I'm a sucker for that new baby smell. I miss my babies terribly. But I'm a woman. I don't think my husband feels the same way (don't know for sure, though).

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Does this doll smell like a real baby? Personally, I'm a sucker for that new baby smell. I miss my babies terribly. But I'm a woman. I don't think my husband feels the same way (don't know for sure, though).

No. Ha ha, but I wish it did. I like the new baby smell. It's almost as cool as the new car smell.

fairy86

Loose on the internet!
Registered
Reaction score
I love the new baby smell. I put baby lotion on my two year old but it isn't the same.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
ahh, how sweet, james.
there's certainly nothing wrong with you for having these feelings.

just leave your man-card at the desk on the way out. :D

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
what a nice little moment ... ditto what everyone else said. Sweet.
Now go out and wrestle a moose.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love the new baby smell. I put baby lotion on my two year old but it isn't the same.

It really isn't, is it? :( Wal-Mart of all places used to make this scrumptious baby lotion with buttermilk and shea butter in it that made my babies smell fabulous! That was only for my older two...by the time my younger two came around, it was off the market. I'll forever associate that smell with babies. That and Baby Magic.

*sigh*

I miss those days sometimes. And then I remember how much I disliked getting up every two hours to feed and change 'em. LOL!

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Are you in love with the memory of when your kids were little? I think it's easy to fall in love (or miss) the good/fun/sweet stuff.

And it is sweet.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
That really is sweet.

Here's a solution:
Go visit the mall, or a daycare or pre-school.

The impulse will go away. :)

These days my favorite kind of kid is somebody else's.
When they are no longer cute, you can give them back.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This says to me that you should on occasion scoop daughter and dolly up into your chair and cuddle with them both. It's too early to ask her when she's giving you grandchildren.

Maryn, who also misses baby days at times

Reaction score
That really is sweet.

Here's a solution:
Go visit the mall, or a daycare or pre-school.

The impulse will go away. :)

These days my favorite kind of kid is somebody else's.
When they are no longer cute, you can give them back.

And expect to be arrested for loitering around young kids as a suspected kiddy-fiddler.

(No, I'm not joking. This happens).

And put me down on the "that's not cute; it's vomit-inducingly twee; what the fuck is wrong with you?" list.

Last edited:

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
James Immediately the "Real" men at AW will be contributing to a care package to try, and I mean try and save you, of course Robeieieieieo will be excluded for lack of any discernible manhood, however I will ask Haskins to contribute one pair of stinky socks and one of his prized kidney stones, the other Don (GM) I'm sure will throw in one of his many copies "The art of war" the third Don, "Donroc" can be counted on for one of the first nudie girlie pictures every made, (just for mood). Maestro, will be excluded totally.
I'm not sure what Haggis is, so I'll pass on him for this package, Silver King has a half empty bottle of something laying around that he can stick in, while Nighttimer will part with his famed avatar of the hot chick in the black dress, I will send you a half chewed "Dunhill Cigar" 15 bucks a pop, so you get about 6 bucks worth there pal....

This should set you straight, i warned you goddamn it about hanging in that Star trek thread tooo long, nobody listens...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm in on this, even though I'm female. We've gotta do something about this before he's lost to the Momzilla crowd.

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in on this, even though I'm female. We've gotta do something about this before he's lost to the Momzilla crowd.

All right Scarlett, this appreciated, its a pair of knickers from you, the ones with the holes in the knees so James can fantasize..

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Yeah... hope they give the mancard back...

I for one think this is very sweet, and please, love the kids you have, at least the ones that are pottytrained and can verbalize their needs rather than squalling because their butt is wet.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
I seem to have no maternal instincts whatsoever, so maybe he somehow got mine by accident. Poor guy...

*Contributes a buxom blonde stripper named "Bambi" to the cause*