Tim Minchin

Lhun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Yep Tim Minchin. Anyone here heard of him?
A buddy recently showed me one of his songs on Youtube and i got hooked immediately. Incredibly funny comedian well worth checking out.
I'll start with a link to one of his best songs imo : If i didn't have you.
I nearly literally rofl'd the first time i heard "you fall within a bell curve".
Anyway, check him out (you'll find a bit more of his stuff in the related links on youtube) and tell me what you think. ;)

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
I haven't seen him before, but I lived for several years under a rock, so I've missed a lot of things...

Thank you for sharing. I did find it amusing. :)

Captain Scarf

Smart-casual Ninja
Registered
Reaction score
I've heard of him. Isn't he the one who hangs around with Mark Watson? They did a radio series called 'Mark Watson Makes the World Substantially better'

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
Yay, thread necromancy! :D

I went to see Tim and his Orchestra on Tuesday. Was absolutely brilliant. He did a few older songs like the aforementioned 'If I Didn't Have You', 'White Wine In The Sun' (best Christmas song ever), and of course 'Dark Side'.
Lots of new stuff too, a song poking fun at the power of prayer ("Thank you god for healing the cataracts of Sam's Mum"), a more serious song about beauty and a wonderfully silly song about cheese.
Lots of others I haven't mentioned of course, all interspersed with little bits of standup routine.
If you have a chance to see it, I highly recommend you do...unless you're a strict religious type - probably not your thing. :)

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Seen him on programmes like Never Mind The Buzzcocks and HIGNFY. Very funny bloke.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Seen him on programmes like Never Mind The Buzzcocks and HIGNFY. Very funny bloke.

That's funny. Yesterday I saw Dani Filth on Never Mind The Buzzcocks - first time I'd ever heard of the show. Yes, I youtubed "Dani Filth" to see what would come up.

I also found a short interview with him in his new kitchen, laying on top of glass on the ground which housed a skeleton.

I want one!

As for comedic musicians... the only one I've ever seen is Bill Bailey. Which reminds me - Bill has a new DVD out that I really must buy. :)

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
I love him, especially at this time of year, with "White Wine in the Sun" on my favourite Xmas play list!

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Tim Minchin has written the songs for a stage musical of 'Matilda' which is picking up rave reviews