PDA

View Full Version : Tim Minchin

Lhun
05-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Yep Tim Minchin. Anyone here heard of him?
A buddy recently showed me one of his songs on Youtube and i got hooked immediately. Incredibly funny comedian well worth checking out.
I'll start with a link to one of his best songs imo : If i didn't have you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&v=Gaid72fqzNE&gl=US).
I nearly literally rofl'd the first time i heard "you fall within a bell curve".
Anyway, check him out (you'll find a bit more of his stuff in the related links on youtube) and tell me what you think. ;)

Button
05-27-2009, 12:56 AM
I haven't seen him before, but I lived for several years under a rock, so I've missed a lot of things...

Thank you for sharing. I did find it amusing. :)

Captain Scarf
05-27-2009, 01:03 AM
I've heard of him. Isn't he the one who hangs around with Mark Watson? They did a radio series called 'Mark Watson Makes the World Substantially better'

Sweetleaf
05-27-2009, 01:22 AM
That was cool.

Kind of reminded me of Bill Bailey in more ways than one...

JimmyB27
12-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Yay, thread necromancy! :D

I went to see Tim and his Orchestra on Tuesday. Was absolutely brilliant. He did a few older songs like the aforementioned 'If I Didn't Have You', 'White Wine In The Sun' (best Christmas song ever), and of course 'Dark Side'.
Lots of new stuff too, a song poking fun at the power of prayer ("Thank you god for healing the cataracts of Sam's Mum"), a more serious song about beauty and a wonderfully silly song about cheese.
Lots of others I haven't mentioned of course, all interspersed with little bits of standup routine.
If you have a chance to see it, I highly recommend you do...unless you're a strict religious type - probably not your thing. :)

seun
12-16-2010, 06:26 PM
Seen him on programmes like Never Mind The Buzzcocks and HIGNFY. Very funny bloke.

Cliff Face
12-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Seen him on programmes like Never Mind The Buzzcocks and HIGNFY. Very funny bloke.

That's funny. Yesterday I saw Dani Filth on Never Mind The Buzzcocks - first time I'd ever heard of the show. Yes, I youtubed "Dani Filth" to see what would come up.

I also found a short interview with him in his new kitchen, laying on top of glass on the ground which housed a skeleton.

I want one!

As for comedic musicians... the only one I've ever seen is Bill Bailey. Which reminds me - Bill has a new DVD out that I really must buy. :)

Captcha
12-17-2010, 03:46 AM
I love him, especially at this time of year, with "White Wine in the Sun" on my favourite Xmas play list!

JimmyB27
12-17-2010, 04:59 PM
As for comedic musicians... the only one I've ever seen is Bill Bailey. Which reminds me - Bill has a new DVD out that I really must buy. :)
Except Bill is a comedian who does a bit of music, Tim is a musician who does a bit of comedy.

scarletpeaches
12-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Paging Adam Slade...paging Adam Slade...

waylander
12-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Tim Minchin has written the songs for a stage musical of 'Matilda' which is picking up rave reviews

Bookewyrme
12-18-2010, 12:28 AM
I <3 Tim Minchin. That is all.