PDA

View Full Version : Beta needed for urban fantasy

The Otter
05-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Hi. I'm looking for someone to beta the prologue and first three chapters of my urban fantasy novel, Watchers. Here's a brief summary/blurb...

Twenty-two year old Kat Hanson has always had the feeling she’s different, but she has no idea how different.

For instance, she doesn’t know there’s a demon slumbering inside her body…or that Dr. Friendly, the world’s most powerful supervillain, wants to capture her and use that demon to wipe out civilization and pave the way for a new human race: his own genetically altered, peaceful, obedient human race. She also doesn’t know that her childhood friend--quiet, geeky Lane Rivers--is actually an undercover superhero sent to protect her from Dr. Friendly’s agents.

But she’s about to find out.

When Kat is attacked by two masked men with superhuman powers, Lane is forced to reveal his own powers to save her. Then he takes her to the secret headquarters of the Watchers—a superhero organization—where everything she ever thought she knew is turned upside down, and Kat must discover new strength within herself: the strength to harness and control the demon inside her before it awakens fully and consumes her mind.

If you're interested, send me a PM.

Edited to add: If you're looking for a beta-reader as well, I'll be happy to do a beta-swap.