I'm In Love With My Boyfriend's Mom...

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
... and I haven't told him yet.

'Cause she makes some *@#$*#& good food. Brownies, cakes, gumbo, jams, muffins...

And she just sent me a jar of strawberry and fig preserves to take home.

I find myself trying to encourage him to go to his parents' house when I'm around, so I can get more of her good cookin'.

She also makes fantastic quilts that keep me warm at night...

I hate to tell the boyfriend, but if we ever break up, I'm keeping his mom.

The way to a woman's heart is strawberry fig preserves. Yes. Oh yes.

Red_Dahlia

Registered
Reaction score
Mmmmmm....gumbo. I miss living in Louisiana.

Does your boyfriend have any brothers? I would love to have a boyfriend's mom to cook me those goodies. ;)

Sweetleaf

Momentary lapse of reason
Registered
Reaction score
At last, OFFICIALLY in the middle of nowhere. But
I miss gumbo too... Of course I live NO WHERE NEAR Louisiana, but I used to get this chicken gumbo fresh at the supermarket.
Now I have kids it's out of my price range... what were we talking about again?

Oh, that's right, mum!
How long have you been togther Button? Have you been there for Christmas yet?

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
We've been together since Jan, I haven't gone through Christmas yet. I've done Mardi Gras though. That's almost the same thing. Had my first gumbo then. :)

He and his family are Cajun. Which is funny because I'm learning a whole lot of things down here about Cajuns that I never knew before. I'm working on the different foods, and I learn new French words all the time.

No brothers, he's an only child. Though there might be some cousins. ;)

Man, I know I'm lucky that his mom is like the best cook and everything. He gets all sorts of leftovers. I haven't had a mom of a boyfriend that I liked or wanted to like before. I like this one.

He's great, his mom's great. I've never had that before. It's usually one or the other.

The funny thing is, she lives like a few blocks down from my own house, and he lives across town. I can't wait until I'm 'in' enough that I can wander down to her house...

That just sounds so wrong... but the food... by George, the food...

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Hahahaha, famous last words.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
as long as you like BOTH the boyfriend and the mom you're good. I once had a guy on the line and discovered I liked the idea of his mom as a MIL than I did him as anything to me.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
My best friend in high school went out with this stupid guy (whom she thought was heaven-sent at the time), but his mom was awesome. The two girls hung out all the time. The boyfriend only lasted about a year and a half... a decade later, my friend and her "MIL" are still hanging out every chance they get. Mom thinks her son is kind of a loser, too... ;)

So, you know, even if the boyfriend doesn't work out, if the mom likes you well enough she may want to adopt you anyway. There's hope!