• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Horror/weird fiction writer looking for beta reader!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodchild

Screaming Audio Terror
Registered
Reaction score
Scunthorpe, UK. "The industrial garden town of th
Website
theycallmepotato.blogspot.com
Hello!

I'm looking for someone to cast an eye over a handful of short stories, ranging from 2000 to 10000 words. They're all horror, although some have Lovecraftian connotations, and some are more supernatural.

I'm not adverse to harsh feedback but that's not really what I'm after in this case; I'm more interested to know if something doesn't quite make sense (and why) or if I've included surplus information, or done something to take you out of the story - that kind of thing.

The aim is send them off to magazines/websites, and I've sent a few off already (I do consider them finished and I've had someone look at them already but I've decided to get a 'second opinion', as it were).

If anyone's interested, you can see brief descriptions of the pieces on:
http://theycallmepotato.blogspot.com
and if your interest is piqued, leave a message on here or email me!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.