I'm thinking about starting my own business....

Which idea is best?

• Hibachi Grill-Type Thing

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Cafe

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Stick with Teaching No Matter What!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Orlando Bloom

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
Assuming that my teaching degree doesn't work out....

I'm thinking about starting my own business.

I've thought of some stuff:

1) A sort of American take on hibachi grills. You have a bunch of charcoal grills (around 5 or 6, I suppose) and there is one for each room/section. Each section is painted in a different style. Perhaps there's a fence, perhaps not. Perhaps you're on a patio, perhaps a balcony. Etc. And The chefs are character actors, asking if you have heard about the new Little League game, etc.

2) A cafe that, in the basement, offers seminars on computer use, computer repair, and on some nights, open mic/writing seminars.

What do you think?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What would your Orlando Bloom business offer :e2brows:

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Well the cafe should solicit any and all kind of seminars and performers it can to get people in. An open mic is always a guaranteed sellout, but beware of hordes of broke teenagers assuming it's a place to loiter and cause trouble.
So it wouldn't be that different from teaching in that regard :D just prettier surroundings. I don't understand the grill option...are you talking about a specially designed hibachi, or a cooking show?

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
How do you plan to start your own business? How would you get the money to buy the supplies to get started?

How's the economy in your area? Can you get buy on lean times? Here, restaurants are closing left and right. Including chain restaurants like Big Boy.

Consider also what the area you're in needs. Computer training is a big thing and you might be able to start doing that through your local Community Education or community recreation programs. (All the local schools around me have community education classes, such as computers, real estate, writing, etc. Local people offer the courses through the school, which puts out a brochure, handles the registration, provides classroom space and takes a slice off the top.)

As a teacher who knows what the job market is like, I wish you the best of luck.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I'd suggest working in a restaurant for several years before you attempt to start any type of eatery. More than likely, you'll be so turned off by the experience that you'll find some other endeavor to invest your hopes and funds.

Last edited: