• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Should I get a beta reader??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairy86

Loose on the internet!
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've revised, edited, and you feel like your ms is agent ready, it would be a good idea to get a beta reader.

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
Betas see what you miss. They let you know if things that you see are actually missing. Betas see everything with fresh eyes that haven't looked at the same words so many times that they glaze and droop shut. They make incredibly wise comments...well, something like that...that help you fix the rough spots.

loiterer

Registered
Reaction score
I finished writing my book!!! Should I get a beta reader or not please explain the processs of a beta reader and what they do!!

If these burning questions were troubling me, I'd probably start by looking at the posts stickied at the top of this sub-forum (the same place you posted this topic). The one titled "What is a beta reader?" I imagine would be particularly helpful.

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've revised, edited, and you feel like your ms is agent ready, it would be a good idea to get a beta reader.

I cannot stress this enough. Once you've gotten it THE BEST THAT YOU CAN then you should get a Beta Reader.

In my opinion, you'd want to get a few. And before you get a Beta Reader, it will be helpful if you Beta read for someone just to give you some perspective. There are a few threads on the topic, suggest you take a look at them.

Lastly, congratulations on finishing the first draft. Always a great accomplishment. Now, the real work begins :)

Mel...

Status
Not open for further replies.