PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a beta reader??

candixoxo101
05-25-2009, 03:28 AM
I finished writing my book!!! Should I get a beta reader or not please explain the processs of a beta reader and what they do!!
Thanks
Amanda

fairy86
05-25-2009, 03:39 AM
Once you've revised, edited, and you feel like your ms is agent ready, it would be a good idea to get a beta reader.

Matera the Mad
05-25-2009, 05:24 AM
Betas see what you miss. They let you know if things that you see are actually missing. Betas see everything with fresh eyes that haven't looked at the same words so many times that they glaze and droop shut. They make incredibly wise comments...well, something like that...that help you fix the rough spots.

loiterer
05-25-2009, 05:01 PM
I finished writing my book!!! Should I get a beta reader or not please explain the processs of a beta reader and what they do!!

If these burning questions were troubling me, I'd probably start by looking at the posts stickied at the top of this sub-forum (the same place you posted this topic). The one titled "What is a beta reader?" I imagine would be particularly helpful.

dgiharris
05-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Once you've revised, edited, and you feel like your ms is agent ready, it would be a good idea to get a beta reader.

I cannot stress this enough. Once you've gotten it THE BEST THAT YOU CAN then you should get a Beta Reader.

In my opinion, you'd want to get a few. And before you get a Beta Reader, it will be helpful if you Beta read for someone just to give you some perspective. There are a few threads on the topic, suggest you take a look at them.

Lastly, congratulations on finishing the first draft. Always a great accomplishment. Now, the real work begins :)

Mel...

candixoxo101
05-27-2009, 02:43 AM
Thanks guys this has helped