Requested full!

Write4Life

Living in the moment
Registered
Reaction score
As you can guess from the title an agent requested my full manuscript! It has been 2 weeks now since I sent it out, in fact it will be 3 weeks in a few days. I am starting to get a little impatient, I have submitted queries to other agents but I really want to be represented by this one. I was wondering if any of you have any ideas on how to cope with the whole process of waiting for responses? I know it can take months even for a response but if there are any success stories please share. I would really like to know what my chances are of this working out.

Kayley

Someday.
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! :)

As for your question, I don't have personal experience with the issue (I haven't started querying yet). However, if your agent did not request the full exclusively, keep querying new agents. That way, if the deal falls through, you won't have to wait as long to get more responses.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
congrats and good luck!

as for waiting... Sure, work on the next book, send out more queries, start a new diet, walk the dog, go on vacation. None of it will help. Hope is hope, and without it we'd all give up.

Strangely, I found that when my first full submission was rejected, I wasn't terribly discouraged. It was sort of like making a wish on your birthday cake candles. It's not like I ever EXPECTED it to come true, so I get to just go on dreaming.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Congrats! Work on your next book and keep querying. Even if another agent requested the full and offered you representation while 1st agent (dream agent) is still reading your full, you can go back to the 1st agent and let them know you have another offer. You could end up with 2 offers (or more) you can chose from. You don't have to accept the first offer you get right off the bat. Most agents don't have a problem giving you a few days to decide.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif
smiley-happy096.gif
poze.gif

Write4Life

Living in the moment
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you!

Thank you guys so much for being so supportive! I haven't had any news yet but tomorrow it will be three weeks since she got my full manuscript. I promise to update you guys if there is any news. Oh and thanks for the suggestions, they really have helped. :)

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Since waiting is the biggest and most important part of the sub process I say "go live" eat drink and have fun--you'll make yourself crazy making yourself crazy.

I wanted a quick response from the last agent I submitted to and I got it.

Yeah.

Keep up the good work and congratulations on the request.