PDA

View Full Version : Going to Pizzas

Pat~
05-24-2009, 04:25 AM
It's been a month... ;) but then a good friend sent me this:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j240/pb10220/BARBIETURNS50.jpg

Silver King
05-24-2009, 05:22 AM
Ha! Finally, Barbie joins the rest of us older folks in appearance.

(I was going to say that you're a doll, Pat, but I didn't want to give anyone the wrong impression.) ;)

CACTUSWENDY
05-24-2009, 05:35 AM
Man....she needs to work out some. lol.....She be the spoke person for all the mid lifers?.....So sad. Wonder what Ken looks like now?

Susie
05-24-2009, 05:44 AM
Hey, Pat!~ She not only kept her girlish figure, she doubled it! Way2go, Barbie. Happy B-day and calls for you know it, :Cake:!

Pat~
05-24-2009, 05:53 AM

(I was going to say that you're a doll, Pat, but I didn't want to give anyone the wrong impression.) ;)

Oh, do...DO give them a wrong impression, SK. :D

(Just so long as it's the 1960's version)...

P.H.Delarran
05-24-2009, 06:05 AM
hey what's that in the mirror? ;)

at least she still has cool toys

Pat~
05-24-2009, 06:16 AM
Man....she needs to work out some. lol.....She be the spoke person for all the mid lifers?.....So sad. Wonder what Ken looks like now?

We'll have to wait 2 more years for his 50th b'day pix, but I think I've seen him at the mall a couple times. (He's the one wearing plaid bermuda shorts, sox, and sandals, and carrying Barbie's shopping bags.)

C.bronco
05-24-2009, 06:48 AM
Geez- I thought there would be free pizza on this thread! :D

bettielee
05-24-2009, 07:05 AM
"I wanna be like Barbie. The b!+@h has everything"

apparently, including cellulite!

benbradley
05-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Gee, it looks like the rest of her caught up with her bust measurement...

I'm reminded of when she was skinnier just a short few years ago, as in "Helplessly Addicted to Ebay Barbie (http://www.dancetc.com/addic.html)."

rhymegirl
05-24-2009, 08:03 AM

Speak for yourself, Pops.

Matera the Mad
05-24-2009, 08:16 AM
It couldn't have happened to a more deserving slut-symbol :D

Hoo, dat make ma day.

Pat~
05-24-2009, 08:47 AM
Gee, it looks like the rest of her caught up with her bust measurement...

I'm reminded of when she was skinnier just a short few years ago, as in "Helplessly Addicted to Ebay Barbie (http://www.dancetc.com/addic.html)."

Ben, that was hysterical.

(Barbie was skinnier then because of all that running to the Post Office; as soon as she joined the eBay forums, however, she learned all about electronic shipping and USPS home pick-up service...).

Pat~
05-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Geez- I thought there would be free pizza on this thread! :D

Uno's Best, compliments of Barbie. :)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j240/pb10220/NumeroUnoDeepDishPizza2.jpg

Susie
05-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Pat, that is divine and yummy. Many thx!

Leah J. Utas
05-24-2009, 04:55 PM
The Barbie pic cracked me up. Is there more pizza?

regdog
05-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Now Barbie finally has the dimensions of a real woman :D

Pat~
05-24-2009, 07:11 PM
The Barbie pic cracked me up. Is there more pizza?

Of course! Barbie keeps 21 cubic feet of it stocked in her garage freezer.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j240/pb10220/NumeroUnoDeepDishPizza2.jpg

(And if you've never had Uno's pizza, you've never had the real thing.)

Ken
05-24-2009, 07:56 PM
... there are plenty of people over 50 who are fit.
So quit making excuses and start eating healthy.
Or in any event, quit posting threads like this,
which are encouraging members to perpetuate bad habits,
that may led to serious health problems down the road.
(Post is not only directed at you, Pat, but also at others here,
who tout gluttony and other destructive addictions like drinking.)

rhymegirl
05-24-2009, 08:27 PM

That's right! Like me.

Susie
05-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Well, I tout :Cake: but here it's healthy and since it's virtual :Cake: there are no calories, thankfully. :)

bettielee
05-24-2009, 11:48 PM
I shall respond to some of the harsh and negative, insulting posts thus:

:Ssh: :e2zipped: :e2paperba

so I don't get in trouble.

Pat~
05-25-2009, 02:31 AM
So quit making excuses and start eating healthy.
Or in any event, quit posting threads like this,
which are encouraging members to perpetuate bad habits,
that may led to serious health problems down the road.
(Post is not only directed at you, Pat, but also at others here,
who tout gluttony and other destructive addictions like drinking.)

Ken, I think if you knew me, you'd know the utter depths of the incongruity of me touting gluttony OR addictive behavior of any sort. This is the Office Party forum, where we post things that generally are about as deep as the pile on indoor-outdoor carpet.

Besides, pizza is seriously healthy for you (if you dab the grease off with paper towel); it's considered almost a complete food in and of itself. And the bigger issue, of course, is that no one here is touting unhealthy habits. In fact, many times people over 50 (like Barbie in the above picture) end up looking the way they do through no fault of their own. If you want to get serious about this, I'd ask how you can know with 100% assurance that Barbie looks the way she does due to gluttony or destructive addictions? (I see no beer label on those empty cans, and I see only one take-out box which looks to me like Chinese food--actually quite healthy.) How do you know she hasn't suffered a serious back injury which has made her bedridden and not 'fit'? How do you know she hasn't come down with any other disease increasingly prevalent in the over-50 population which would account for inactivity, weight gain, edema, abdominal fat deposits, etc. (eg.arthritis, low thyroid, etc.)?

Ken, I really like you, but have to confess...you pushed a few of my buttons with that post...

Leah J. Utas
05-25-2009, 02:33 AM
Uno's. Hmm. Don't think we have them here. Will add to list of things to eat next time I'm in the U.S.

Pat~
05-25-2009, 02:44 AM
Uno's Pizzerias started in the Chicago area, and I'm not sure if the chain is nationwide. I first ate it while attending college up there; in Texas I buy them at Target in the frozen food area near the deli. :)

Ken
05-25-2009, 03:11 AM
... I like you too, Pat. That's why I said what I did. Will try to explain more fully in a bit. Not myself right now. Not at liberty to say why. Sorry if I caused you or anyone here offense. That wasn't my intent.

Pat~
05-25-2009, 04:54 AM
... I like you too, Pat. That's why I said what I did. Will try to explain more fully in a bit. Not myself right now. Not at liberty to say why. Sorry if I caused you or anyone here offense. That wasn't my intent.

Ken, so sorry to hear about what you're going through. The fruits of addictive behavior are fed by a ruggedly deep taproot. My family (as most) has also been deeply impacted by this, but for me, harboring frustration and despair about the situation has only proved to be destructive to my own being, ultimately. In a way, it helps in these situations if you share a few weaknesses with the offender who is reaping the consequences of poor choices--"she loves much who is [herself] forgiven much," as the Good Book says... But, even if you can't identify with that person's struggle with those particular poor choices, for your own health and peace of mind (IMHO) you and that person will both definitely benefit from your forgiving him that weakness and loving him despite the fallout of unhealthy choices (which affects more than just that individual). Hang in there. :Hug2:

Silver King
05-25-2009, 05:08 AM
I thought Ken was kidding around earlier. He has a pretty darn good sense of humor most of the time. We must have hit a nerve, though, and we'll just have to wait until he reveals why this discussion has affected him in such a manner.

*Taps foot. Checks the time. Yo, Ken, hurry up!* ;)

spamwarrior
05-25-2009, 05:14 AM
Ken doll has a muffin top/and or a beer belly. He probably is balding on the top, too.

Pat~
05-25-2009, 05:22 AM
Ken has a muffin top/and or a beer belly. He probably is balding on the top, too.

*heading off at the pass*

...the Ken doll of course being who your post is referencing.... :)

spamwarrior
05-25-2009, 05:32 AM
Oh yes, I mean, Ken doll!!! Not Ken who was in the thread... I posted that before reading some of the comments...

Ken
05-25-2009, 05:10 PM
... rep'd Pat a nonspecific explanation. About to do so for SK too.
Not ready to post again on the board just yet.
ps Quit tapping your foot so hard, SK. Can feel the earth vibrating all the way up the eastern coast ;-)
pps Thanks so much Pat. And you're right. That is the way to go with situations as this.
And gosh knows, I've got plenty of weaknesses of my own to relate.

Pat~
05-25-2009, 08:35 PM
..."I feel the earth MOOOVE...under my feet...." (sorry, I listened to that one a few too many times back in the day ;)).

(((Hug))) Ken.