PDA

View Full Version : Share your disappointments...

CaroGirl
05-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Here's the place to discuss your disappointments. If you want to air them, go ahead and list your day's, week's or month's worst disappointment.

My day's worst disappointment: I just ordered a Boston cream doughnut. They gave it to me in a little paper baggie. I went back to my office and when I opened the bag to eat the doughnut, ALL the chocolate on top had stuck firm to the inside of the bag. I just ate a Boston cream with NO fudgy chocolate on it. Disappointed.

Next?

vrabinec
05-22-2009, 09:38 PM
I always wanted a huge penis. You know, one of those that, when you stick it all the way in, the tip pokes out from her ear. Alas...

Stew21
05-22-2009, 09:42 PM
My day's worst disappointment was wanted to add a few lines to the "favorite lines you've written" thread, but couldn't find anything in my new fledgling WiP to include.

:(

Maryn
05-22-2009, 09:44 PM
I always wanted a huge penis. You know, one of those that, when you stick it all the way in, the tip pokes out from her ear. Alas...Yeah, you were disappointing...

Maryn, unable to resist

KTC
05-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Here's the place to discuss your disappointments. If you want to air them, go ahead and list your day's, week's or month's worst disappointment.

My day's worst disappointment: I just ordered a Boston cream doughnut. They gave it to me in a little paper baggie. I went back to my office and when I opened the bag to eat the doughnut, ALL the chocolate on top had stuck firm to the inside of the bag. I just ate a Boston cream with NO fudgy chocolate on it. Disappointed.

Next?

I HATE when that happens. It happens often too. ARGH!

ad_lucem
05-22-2009, 09:45 PM

Next?

week's: Rejection from a snarky flash-fiction editor, started the week on crutches from a badly sprained (but thankfully not broken or torn ligament) ankle, derailed on my writing (but picking it back up), and only made it through 9 rather than 10 grammar lessons with my sons/only made it through 4 math lessons rather than the 6 I had planned. Stepped on the scale and it said "tilt" again rather than going in the downward direction I've been hoping for....(curse you carbs!)

Also disappointed with myself for procrastinating, once again, about calling the people on my hab client sheet--partially because I'm chicken and partially because of the ankle thing.

writerterri
05-22-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm disappointed that you didn't lick the bag.

I guess I'm the only bag licker?

Shadow_Ferret
05-22-2009, 09:54 PM

Yeah, no knife, or letter opener, or other implement to scrap the bag? Lacking anything like that, then I'd have licked the bag, too.

CaroGirl
05-22-2009, 09:55 PM

I scraped out as much as I could with the tips of my fingers and then tried to spread it back on. That was unsuccessful so I just sucked the chocolate off them. I ate as much of the chocolate as I could, but that doesn't change the fact there was none on my actual doughnut. A Boston cream without chocolate is like spaghetti without sauce, toast without butter, milk without cookies!! It's just wrong.

cray
05-22-2009, 09:56 PM

qw is as well.

CaroGirl
Yeah, no knife, or letter opener, or other implement to scrap the bag? Lacking anything like that, then I'd have licked the bag, too.
As I said, licking the bag does not put the chocolate back on the doughnut.

TRY to understand! Only KTC understands me. :cry:

vrabinec

No, you're not alone. Do you invert the bad, or rip? I'm a ripper.

writerterri

Or she could have scrapped it with her teeth?!!! I mean come on! Scrape...bite, scrape...bite!

What's this world coming to?!!!

Shadow_Ferret
05-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Only KTC understands me. :cry:

Think about that a moment.

CaroGirl
05-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Think about that a moment.
Why do you think I used the crying face?

quickWit
05-22-2009, 09:58 PM

qw is as well.

I was going to say that Cray was my biggest disappointment, but now I'm just so damn proud.

:D

Sage
05-22-2009, 09:59 PM
In the past two weeks

- The house I got with a room big enough for the sectional (and lots of other space), only one of the sectional pieces didn't fit through the door to get to that room.

- Bought a tv and an extended warranty, but the company where I bought the tv went out of business. When I tried to get it fixed, they couldn't get the parts, so the warranty company decided to write me a check, not to replace the tv I had or refund my money, but to pay for the cheapest and crappiest tv on Amazon with the same specs, which happened to be half the price or less of any tv with those specs would be, were I decide to buy something else. Not only this, but when I complained, they made me call about twenty different numbers, fill out a form online, and now are saying I have to make my complaint in writing..., but that it won't do any good.

- Showed my roomie what I wanted for my birthday, but she decided to get me something related but different..., and actually worse than what I already had.

- Called simply to refill my allergy prescription and ended up with not just one but two doctors appointments

- Went to the gym ready for Zumba yesterday evening, and they've moved the class to Monday at noon (Soooo convenient, thanks [/sarcasm])

Give me a minute, I'll prolly come up with more (it's been a rollercoaster of a month)

writerterri
05-22-2009, 09:59 PM
No, you're not alone. Do you invert the bad, or rip? I'm a ripper.

I'm pretty obscene. I would have inverted the bag stuck my fist inside and went to town. Security might be called.

spamwarrior
05-22-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm disappointed that today I don't seem to be motivated, and also because I can't find a source for my article, and can't get into the source database because I'm unpublished.

KTC
05-22-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm right here, people.

writerterri
05-22-2009, 10:02 PM
I scraped out as much as I could with the tips of my fingers and then tried to spread it back on. That was unsuccessful so I just sucked the chocolate off them. I ate as much of the chocolate as I could, but that doesn't change the fact there was none on my actual doughnut. A Boston cream without chocolate is like spaghetti without sauce, toast without butter, milk without cookies!! It's just wrong.

Oh, look, everyone, she finally admits it!

CaroGirl
05-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Oh, look, everyone, she finally admits it!
Yes. My mouse is now very sticky.

writerterri
05-22-2009, 10:04 PM
I was going to say that Cray was my biggest disappointment, but now I'm just so damn proud.

:D

You wish!

writerterri
05-22-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm right here, people.

where?

quickWit
05-22-2009, 10:08 PM
You wish!

Frann.

where?

No, I think he means he's right here, as in 'correct'. Although I have no idea what he thinks he's right about. Must be a Canadian thing. :)

CaroGirl
05-22-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm right here, people.
Did someone say something?

Devil Ledbetter
05-22-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm disappointed every 15 minutes when I open my email and still haven't heard back from that agent who requested my full.

But not as disappointed as I'll be if he rejects it.

Cranky
05-22-2009, 10:14 PM
I was disappointed when, after being allowed to sleep in this morning, I woke up to a living room covered in Cheeze Its. Entire box all over my carpet and couch. Le sigh. It's the thought that counts, right?

CaroGirl
05-22-2009, 10:17 PM
It's the thought that counts, right?
Why? What were they thinking?

Devil Ledbetter
05-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Why? What were they thinking?"Wheeeeeeeee!"

Cranky
05-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Why? What were they thinking?

That I would be rested enough to do extra housework? LOL

ETA: Devil, yes! That's exactly right. :roll:

JoNightshade
05-22-2009, 10:20 PM
I am disappointed that pregnancy turns out not to be a magical, blissful time of dreaminess and joy!

I am nauseous, bloated, overly emotional, and can no longer tolerate watching/reading anything deeper than Disney movies. (For someone as inherently cynical as I am, this is a true crisis. :)) If I let myself get even the teeniest bit hungry my stomach makes me pay for hours. I am totally overwhelmed every time I look at the millions of products available for babies and cannot even begin to choose. I have to take huge, horrible tasting pills every day and I'm positive that at some point in the next 7 months I am going to choke to death. The only reason I want my baby to come is because I WANT THIS MISERY TO END. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaroGirl
05-22-2009, 10:22 PM
I am disappointed that pregnancy turns out not to be a magical, blissful time of dreaminess and joy!

I am nauseous, bloated, overly emotional, and can no longer tolerate watching/reading anything deeper than Disney movies. (For someone as inherently cynical as I am, this is a true crisis. :)) If I let myself get even the teeniest bit hungry my stomach makes me pay for hours. I am totally overwhelmed every time I look at the millions of products available for babies and cannot even begin to choose. I have to take huge, horrible tasting pills every day and I'm positive that at some point in the next 7 months I am going to choke to death. The only reason I want my baby to come is because I WANT THIS MISERY TO END. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah. That'll all clear right up after you have a baby.

(anyone want to tell her?)

tjwriter
05-22-2009, 10:25 PM
I have to take huge, horrible tasting pills every day and I'm positive that at some point in the next 7 months I am going to choke to death.

This is so not true. One Source makes an over the counter teeny, tiny prenatal vitamin. You take two every day. It's what I used for both pregnancies. You just have to take Expecta or something for the DHA/ARA. Or I think there's a pill called Prima One (??? Really not sure on the name) that has it all in there, is big, but is coated and slides down easily with no digestive troubles, either.

JoNightshade
05-22-2009, 10:30 PM
This is so not true. One Source makes an over the counter teeny, tiny prenatal vitamin. You take two every day. It's what I used for both pregnancies. You just have to take Expecta or something for the DHA/ARA. Or I think there's a pill called Prima One (??? Really not sure on the name) that has it all in there, is big, but is coated and slides down easily with no digestive troubles, either.

Yes, except that I am blessed with a system unable to digest thoroughly refined vitamins and minerals - the big one is iron. I had a perfectly small prenatal vitamin for two weeks, and the whole time I was so sick I laid around moaning all day. Figured out the iron problem... now I have these huge horse pills. :cry:

JoNightshade
05-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Yeah. That'll all clear right up after you have a baby.

(anyone want to tell her?)

Please tell me the nausea goes away. That's all I really want.

spamwarrior
05-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Frann.

No, I think he means he's right here, as in 'correct'. Although I have no idea what he thinks he's right about. Must be a Canadian thing. :)

Frann?

Stew21
05-22-2009, 10:36 PM
The nausea goes away, Jo. And you'll actually be feeling really good in your second trimester. The third trimester gets uncomfortable again, but the first was the hardest for me.

tjwriter
05-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Please tell me the nausea goes away. That's all I really want.

Usually.

My first, right at 13 weeks on the nose. I woke up on day one of the thirteenth week, and it was all gone.

Second, I never really had morning sickness.

Devil Ledbetter
05-22-2009, 10:46 PM

Jo, I spent the first 12 weeks of my third pregnancy holed up in the world's ugliest Lazy-Boy (which I didn't have the strength to tell my husband to put back in the basement) nibbling saltines, sipping "tummy" tea and reading novels.

Here are recommendations:

Saltine crackers
Tummy tea
A candy necklace made of TUMS
Sea Bands (http://www.sea-band.com/seaband.htm)
Lots of good books - nothing depressing.
Patience. This too shall pass.

When you have your little one you'll forget all about this - until someone reminds you.

And don't worry about what to buy. When you're baby is born, it will mostly need diapers and your breasts*. Everything else is optional. (Unless you're doing elimination timing, then I guess diapers are optional.)

*Disclaimer: yes, I know breastfeeding is also optional.

CaroGirl
05-22-2009, 10:50 PM
I never had nausea during pregnancy. Only after because of sleep deprivation. It's been almost 10 years since I was last pregnant and I still cry at those damn Hallmark commercials.

Button
05-22-2009, 10:59 PM
About disappointments: I was disappointed to learn that being SheRa isn't actually a 'job' as I wanted to believe I could turn in to when I grow up. I'm also disappointed daily to learn they haven't invented a good tasting chocolate that actually reverses fat cells and makes you slim.

About pregnancy: First tri I cured nausea with eating. I'd eat and feel better. Didn't have nausea after those first few months.

Ken
05-22-2009, 11:07 PM
... book due at the library, today.
Haven't finished reading it.

Devil Ledbetter
05-22-2009, 11:08 PM
About pregnancy: First tri I cured nausea with eating. I'd eat and feel better. Didn't have nausea after those first few months.For me, the nausea ended and was quickly replaced by indigestion. I didn't put anything in my mouth without first carefully considering how it was going to feel coming back up.

Green peppers: NO!

Ice cream: Yes!

CaroGirl
05-22-2009, 11:08 PM
... book due at the library, today.
Haven't finished reading it.
Aw man! I HATE that.

Ken
05-22-2009, 11:11 PM
... yep!
(Late fines aren't cheap, either. $.25 a day.)

spamwarrior
05-22-2009, 11:16 PM
... yep!

Over here's it's 10 cents. Can you renew?

CaroGirl
05-22-2009, 11:21 PM
... yep!
It's .50 per day here (3 renewals). Express reads are for a week, with one renewal and an overdue fine of $2 per day!!! I often make sizeable donations to my library.

JoNightshade
05-23-2009, 12:41 AM
I often make sizeable donations to my library.

In my household library "donations" are a regular occurrence. Which is fine, because we would like to donate to the library. I just figure, at least this way I'm getting something out of it. ;)

Susie
05-23-2009, 12:52 AM

Nope, I must confess ... I am a bag licker, too, but only w. chocolate things. :)

wannawrite
05-23-2009, 12:54 AM
i'm disappointed in this thread.

Ken
05-23-2009, 01:03 AM
... wow; $.50 a day! :-O
And I know just how quickly fines can add up when several books are out on loan.
My library allows 3 renewels, too, but thanks to my luck there was a request put in for the book I have out. So I won't be able to renew it. Will probably hold on to it over the weekend and finish it up and then shell out a "donation" to the library on Monday :-)

Susie
05-23-2009, 02:29 AM
I'm disappointed in your disappointed, wanna. :)

wannawrite
05-23-2009, 07:22 AM
I am really disappointed in myself for making Susie disappointed.

icerose
05-23-2009, 08:05 AM
I was really lucky on the whole pregnancy sickness thing, mine were two weeks or less with all three, thankfully. As for disappointments, well I can't seem to get a stupid query letter right, I'm always messing up something.

And I just discovered my two PA books have been scanned in by google books so I've got to go in and take those down.

But my recent awesome phone call has put all these disappointments clear in the background, it'll take getting seriously rejected to pull me back out of the clouds at this point.

Cranky
05-23-2009, 08:11 AM
I am disappointed that what I made for dinner might as well have been made of FAIL. It was truly awful.

The silver lining here is that I made killer fudgey walnutty brownies for dessert. I can't cook worth a darn without a recipe, but I *can* bake, dangitall. *shakes fist angrily*

Susie
05-23-2009, 08:40 AM
Aww, iz ok. We'll both get over it with :Cake: wanna. :D

Cranky
05-23-2009, 08:48 AM
Aww, iz ok. We'll both get over it with :Cake: wanna. :D

:D There's still one piece left, Suse, and it's all yours.

jodiodi
05-23-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm disappointed that I keep finding packs of cigarettes hidden in the car after my husband allegedly quit 9 years ago when we got married. I keep throwing them away, hoping he'll get the message. So far he hasn't mentioned them.

What bothers me most is he's sneaking around. He couldn't be honest about it. If I can't trust him on little things, what about big stuff?

Besides, he knows it's a deal breaker. I wouldn't marry him until he quit.

Wayne K
05-23-2009, 12:53 PM
I expect nothing from people so therefore I'm rarely disappointed.

I was disappoainted for a short time after rejections--not quick ones, ones that were seriously considered.

I turn disappointment into progress today.

Leah J. Utas
05-23-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm disappointed that I can't think of anything to be disappointed about.

spamwarrior
05-23-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm disappointed that I still have allergies.

DragonHeart
05-23-2009, 05:50 PM
It's miserable May for me at work, thus disappointments abound. The photo lab has been down on and off for basically the entire month so far, with no signs of improving. The worst disappointment was yesterday. The lab was finally up and running completely for the first time in weeks so I starting doing film. Did about two rolls then the damn printer lamp burned out. Naturally we don't have any replacement bulbs cause they keep sending us densitometer bulbs (which we don't need) instead. So we're SOL. Again.

And it's always on my shift that this stuff happens. Ugh. I can only hope they fix it this morning cause I am really tired of putting up with it.

I am also very disappointed in Wednesdays. Every single one this month I've had a dentist or a doctor appointment. Those tend to ruin my mornings. Still have to get through a pelvic ultrasound next Wednesday before I can have my mornings back.

spamwarrior
05-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Is your dentist like mine? I had a dentist appt yesterday morning and when I got back home my gums were swollen.