Christian Blog Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
This thread is a companion to the Christian Blog List thread. I'd like to keep that thread as a simple list of blogs (either your's or those you've seen) that are Christian themes or has a Christian World View.

This thread can be used for discussion about Christian Blogging. If you've got a comment about a particular blog in the list, please provide a link to that post so we're all on the same page.

Thanks.

Last edited:

scottishpunk

Registered
Reaction score
What is a "Christian blog?" As far as I'm concerned, a blog is a blog.

I am a Christian. I blog. Since my perspective on everything is filtered first by my faith, oftentimes I find myself blogging about faith-based issues. Oftentimes this is not the case, but at the same time, everything I write about comes from my perspective. A Christian perspective.

I never cease to find it odd the way that people in the church tend to compartmentalize "Christian media" from other types of media. That seems counterproductive to me. It seems to me that we ought to be creating mainstream stuff for everyone to read/interact with, rather than creating stuff exclusively for the church. We should enter the cultural dialogue, bringing the gospel message and a basic Christian worldview to the mainstream, rather than giving it only to those who agree, creating a "Christian bubble" of safety and comfort for the church. And this is not just about blogging, but about all of the church's interaction with media.

Ok. Rant over. Perhaps I'll blog about it sometime.

Last edited:

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
What is a "Christian blog?" As far as I'm concerned, a blog is a blog.

I am a Christian. I blog. Since my perspective on everything is filtered first by my faith, oftentimes I find myself blogging about faith-based issues. Oftentimes this is not the case, but at the same time, everything I write about comes from my perspective. A Christian perspective.

I never cease to find it odd the way that people in the church tend to compartmentalize "Christian media" from other types of media. That seems counterproductive to me. It seems to me that we ought to be creating mainstream stuff for everyone to read/interact with, rather than creating stuff exclusively for the church. We should enter the cultural dialogue, bringing the gospel message and a basic Christian worldview to the mainstream, rather than giving it only to those who agree, creating a "Christian bubble" of safety and comfort for the church. And this is not just about blogging, but about all of the church's interaction with media.

Ok. Rant over. Perhaps I'll blog about it sometime.
You bring up a good point, and one that made me rethink the purpose of the thread.

Nevertheless, I think it is useful sometimes to categorize. If someone is looking for a blog about faith-based issues, they can poor through thousands of generic blogs about cooking or computers or fishing. Or they could go to a place like this Christian Forum where they can get a list of the type of things they are looking for.

Why don't you post a link to your blog in the other thread with some sort of description?

Last edited:

girlyswot

Registered
Reaction score
Website
myromancereviews.wordpress.com
My blog is nominally a theological blog. I do have a separate journal for more frivolous things. But that doesn't mean that I only talk about explicitly Christian or theological things on the blog. I often post about current affairs, ethical issues, fun things that I think are interesting - and yes, there is always an awareness that I'm talking about these things as a Christian, even when that's not made explicit.

I'm a PhD student working in OT, so often there are posts about things I'm reading or thinking about for my thesis. There's lots of posts about poetry, reading, hermeneutics and those kind of things, which I've found interesting both as a Christian and a writer. I'm also conservative and reformed in my theological outlook, so that tends to shape the way that I think, but anyone is welcome to come and join in the conversation and offer a different perspective, or ask questions to challenge what I've said.

Status
Not open for further replies.