How do you impeach moderators?

Reaction score
I think the whole concept of moderators is a bunch of BS.

I guess it's like they're supposed to be some neutral hall monitors or unbiased referees with no political opinion. Maybe they're also supposed to be like the hurt feelings police, making sure no one gets their feelings hurt.

In reality they're bullies. If they don't like your opinion or debating style, they threaten to ban you, or shut a thread up.

What if one of these bullies is guilty of violating the code of "don't hurt feelings" on this board?

Dpatersa insulted the intelligence of one poster. Dpatersa claimed benpanced was too stupid to go to www.google.com and type in the words "Gitmo detainees innocent."

Dpatersa also insulted me by saying the opinions I write here are not my own.

Therefore, Dpatersa called one poster stupid and the other a plagiarizer.

How would one go about impeaching and banning said moderator?

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Have you tried PMing him? He's a pretty good fella from my experience.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I think the whole concept of moderators is a bunch of BS.

I guess it's like they're supposed to be some neutral hall monitors or unbiased referees with no political opinion. Maybe they're also supposed to be like the hurt feelings police, making sure no one gets their feelings hurt.

In reality they're bullies. If they don't like your opinion or debating style, they threaten to ban you, or shut a thread up.

What if one of these bullies is guilty of violating the code of "don't hurt feelings" on this board?

Dpatersa insulted the intelligence of one poster. Dpatersa claimed benpanced was too stupid to go to www.google.com and type in the words "Gitmo detainees innocent."

Dpatersa also insulted me by saying the opinions I write here are not my own.

Therefore, Dpatersa called one poster stupid and the other a plagiarizer.

How would one go about impeaching and banning said moderator?

Bolding mine.

Why don't you write Mac a nice pm about it? :)

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I've locked this one up. I read the thread to which you are referring and your take on it is absurd.

Our rule is Respect.

You seemed to have missed that option in handling this situation.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
As one might imagine, Mr. Goodbuds will be taking some time away from posting, which perhaps will give him the breathing space to read and contemplate the Newbie Guide. We can try this again in a week.

And the answer to that question is simple: One cannot impeach a moderator. If you feel a mod has abused his or her position, you can contact me directly with your grievance. I'll warn you in advance, I'm not going to "side" with you against one of the AW moderators. If I agree that there has been an egregious offense, that offense gets dealt with privately. That may not be particularly emotionally satisfying for you, especially if you're thinking you're due some sort of public apology followed by a flogging in the market square, but that's just too damned bad.

These folks work very hard to maintain civility on this forum, and keep things running smoothly. I'm firmly of the belief that moderation is crucial to real conversation, and chaos is the enemy of public discourse. Your persistent attempts to disrupt conversations and demand that an entire community bend over backwards to accommodate your eccentricities amply demonstrate the truth of that conviction.

So I don't really care, MordechaiGoodbuds, whether or not you agree with the necessity for moderators on this board or any other. You can get along here, or take yourself somewhere else entirely.

quickWit

Totally Ninja!
Registered
Reaction score
If you feel a mod has abused his or her position, you can contact me directly with your grievance. I'll warn you in advance, I'm not going to "side" with you against one of the AW moderators.

Even if the mod in question is an enormous poopyhead, like III? Come on, Mac, you can tell me...you think he's a poopyhead too.

It's OK to admit it. Srsly.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
You want to ban dpaterso? He seems to me to be the exact opposite of a bully in his moderating style, and as well as that, gives helpful and thoughtful critiques in SYW and takes the time to give good advice on the Basic Writing Questions board. OP, please use your time out to read around the boards and see how much there is here for you. You could also think about how the thread you referred to could have been moderated to keep the discussion fruitful. I don't think you'd be able to come up with a more fair and appropriate way than what was done. Don't take it as a personal attack, but as suggestions for a more useful way of doing things that would make things better for everyone participating.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
Like I always say to people, if you don't like a particular website's politics, you can sit and complain in private and IMs, or you can go find a forum that you agree with, or start your own.

But you know, fighting with other people online is stupid. No one wins, you'll never change anyone else's mind, and more than likely, half of whoever is watching thinks of you as an idiot.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
What a maroon.

Call him a moron and he just sits there grinning moronally.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
a macabre maroon macaroon would hit the spot. In Cancun.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Can we not take off their heads?

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Please let's not pile it on Goodbuds when he's not here to defend himself. He has stated his opinion, and now is dealing with the fallout without access to this discussion.

We should instead use this opportunity to gleefully extol the virtues of our friendly moderators instead of pointing out their shortcomings. :D

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I had no idea you were short, SK.