PDA

View Full Version : Outline request--is this a synopsis?

Saanen
05-21-2009, 06:57 PM
I just got a partial request from an agent along with a request for "a good outline for the rest." That's all the agent says, and I assumed at first that he was asking for a synopsis. Now I'm wondering if he wants something a little more in-depth.

I'm about to revamp my synopsis anyway. Should I simply flesh it out and not worry about length, or should I write a chapter-by-chapter outline for the rest of the book after the chapters the agent has requested?

I'm trying not to overthink this, but I want to make sure I send what the agent wants while not throwing in stuff he'll look at and think, "Huh?"

ORION
05-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Ask him

NicoleMD
05-21-2009, 09:50 PM
I got a similar request for "a good outline for the rest" and sent along a 5-page synopsis. The thought of doing a chapter by chapter outline seemed daunting and impractical, so I just told the story as if I were describing a favorite movie. I hit all the major characters and plot points and ended up getting a request for a full.

Congrats on your "Comparitive Anatomy" story. I remembered reading it in Space Squid. Nice illustration. ;)

Nicole

Saanen
05-21-2009, 11:31 PM
lol, thanks, Nicole! That was a fun story to write--and a marvelous illustration, yes.

Good luck on the full request!