First Paid Gig!

MelancholyMan

Wear Thick Armor
Registered
Reaction score
Last week I thought to myself, "You should look into freelance." (See, How To Get Started in this forum.)Today I received my first pay! It wasn't much, and I have no illusions about fame and fortune, but hey, it was more than I made in ten years of hunching over a laptop until the wee hours of the morning carefully crafting dramatic tension. And now I can list a credit in a paying market.

The amazing thing is the article took about thirty minutes to write, revise, and edit. I submitted the finished text and it was accepted almost immediately. I have several others under review and seemingly no end of topics to write on. And each one is a paid gig I can use to pad my resume.

But the best part of all is that it is FUN!

Last edited:

Kayley

Someday.
Registered
Reaction score
That's great! Congratulations on this freelancing accomplishment. I hope you have similar successes in the future. :)

MelancholyMan

Wear Thick Armor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to all you who I now consider my colleagues. This wouldn't have been possible without your help and suggestions. Another of my articles has been accepted and the other is still pending. I'll probably write two more tomorrow and a few this weekend. It's like walking around picking up $10 bills (after taxes:rant:)!