PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Cat. Bunny Rabbit. Who will win?

Mela
05-20-2009, 06:38 PM
In the haze of the early morning, as sunlight flickers through trees and a rhapsody of springtime warmth and blooms spread across the back yard, I lick my paws in preparedness for battle. My owner thinks I’m oblivious to what traipses brazenly across our lawn, but I’m all too familiar with its diabolical powers.

It leaps across the dewy grass; my owner smokes his cigarette. “Look, there’s Bunny Rabbit!” he exclaims, as though I haven’t a clue. As though I’m some sort of cute little ball of fluff, not capable of military action.

It stops. It chews on a weed. Good. It thinks its safe – it thinks this screen door can prevent me from using my powers. Other Bunny Rabbits thought that too.

The Bunny Rabbit comes closer. My female owner squeals: “Look how close she’s getting to the door.”

Yes, Bunny Rabbit, come to me.

I stare. It stares back, chewing, always chewing. We do not need to draw swords – no blood need be spewed. It knows from my pointed look to back away – to tell its minions of my ability.

It hops. It leaps. It leaves. My job is done here. But this Bunny Rabbit will return and thus, I swear: I will keep a diligent eye through the trellis and around the legs of the patio table. For it will cometh when we least expect and I, for one, will be again be ready.

Bmwhtly
05-20-2009, 06:43 PM
*scratches kitty behind the ear*

BenPanced
05-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Coming up next: Dog vs. Squirrel. It's a cage match for the ages!

Mela
05-20-2009, 07:11 PM
This is the second season of the kitty cat - aka Amber - bunny rabbit stand off.
We're assuming it's the same bunny as last year - it loves our lawn.
Actually, me thinks it loves our weeds - and in a few weeks it will have it's fill of clover, too.
The rabbit comes very close to the screen door and the two of them just stare.
I tell my husband I think they're friends. He tells me, you're nuts. Amber just wants to get out there and maul her for being on the property.
All in all, it's pretty entertaining.

spamwarrior
05-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Bunny rabbits and kitty cats run through our backyard periodically. As far as I know they haven't had a stand off.... yet. Thanks for the entertaining read!

Williebee
05-20-2009, 08:15 PM
bunny vs kitty? which one has the holy hand grenade?

mscelina
05-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Need you ask?

Cats fall before me like fuzzy rugs, spread at my feet like the carpet of humanity...

Mela
05-20-2009, 08:26 PM
My husband wants to make the bunny a sort of household pet - he thinks we should feed it and buy it a little crate to hang out in.
What can I say? He grew up in the city - there were no rabbits in the backyard.
Yes, Bunny Rabbit is awfully cute, but she'll have to continue enjoying the view of our house from under the patio table.

Mela
05-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Need you ask?

Cats fall before me like fuzzy rugs, spread at my feet like the carpet of humanity...

Not this cat, sister

spamwarrior
05-20-2009, 08:29 PM
My husband wants to make the bunny a sort of household pet - he thinks we should feed it and buy it a little crate to hang out in.

Yeah, bunny rabbit might not like that. =P