PDA

View Full Version : Any other AWers in "RL" consistantly get in trouble...

DL Hegel
05-19-2009, 11:55 PM
...for telling the truth?

Please share:D

And Wayne just PM me---i bet your list is longer than mine;)

DL Hegel
05-19-2009, 11:58 PM
It can't be just me? Can it?

vrabinec
05-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Nah, mine tends to come from lying my ass off because I hate everything about my life except writing, and that pisses the boss, the wife, and the parents off. If I became a hermit, I could always tell the truth.

ad_lucem
05-20-2009, 12:29 AM

And Wayne just PM me---i bet your list is longer than mine;)

Yeah, I'm afraid the wonderful quality of tactfulness is often missing from my world.

Sometimes saying it like it is...not such a good thing.

Shadow_Ferret
05-20-2009, 12:36 AM
I don't get in trouble. I do have people who try to avoid talking to me because I'm blunt and truthful. Suits me fine. If they weren't doing or saying stupid things I wouldn't have to point it out.

BenPanced
05-20-2009, 12:38 AM
I surround myself with idiots who make me look better than I actually do.

scarletpeaches
05-20-2009, 12:43 AM
All the time and I don't care.

I'd rather be hated for telling the truth than adored for being a liar.

icerose
05-20-2009, 12:47 AM
Only when I'm critiquing and accidently shred someone's little "darling".

KTC
05-20-2009, 12:47 AM

I adore hating you.

scarletpeaches
05-20-2009, 12:57 AM
I hate that I love you so.

Sweetleaf
05-20-2009, 02:29 AM
I got in a bit of trouble at work for that once.

When someone left the office we would do a card and whip round to get them a present, which I was in charge of. Well, a well-liked lady was leaving to go on maternity leave, so I got a card and sent it round with a bag to collect donations for her gift.

How much did we get from an office of 20+ people? $13. And $10 of that was from me and our manager.

$3 the stingy bastards!

So I sent an email out to everyone to say how disappointed Ruby would be if she knew that the people she worked with cared so little about her they couldn't spare a couple of dollars to get her anything and how I thought they were all selfish and thoughtless.

The manager then came out of his office shaking his head at me saying 'Jo, Jo, Jo, you can't do that! You're right, but you can't do that!'

No one did a collection when I left ;)

Ken
05-20-2009, 02:44 AM
... I told a relative I was aiming to be a writer, once.
Many years later, they're still laughing :-(

DL Hegel
05-20-2009, 03:07 AM
Yeah, I'm afraid the wonderful quality of tactfulness is often missing from my world.

Sometimes saying it like it is...not such a good thing.
me too:)

I surround myself with idiots who make me look better than I actually do.
Can I borrow your game plan?

Very true! I agree---it's just when they start with the mobs and the torches I get a bit nervous;)

writerterri
05-20-2009, 03:13 AM
I'm overly well behaved almost never.

KTC
05-20-2009, 03:16 AM
I got in a bit of trouble at work for that once.

When someone left the office we would do a card and whip round to get them a present, which I was in charge of. Well, a well-liked lady was leaving to go on maternity leave, so I got a card and sent it round with a bag to collect donations for her gift.

How much did we get from an office of 20+ people? $13. And $10 of that was from me and our manager.

$3 the stingy bastards!

So I sent an email out to everyone to say how disappointed Ruby would be if she knew that the people she worked with cared so little about her they couldn't spare a couple of dollars to get her anything and how I thought they were all selfish and thoughtless.

The manager then came out of his office shaking his head at me saying 'Jo, Jo, Jo, you can't do that! You're right, but you can't do that!'

No one did a collection when I left ;)

The curmudgeon in me is laughing out loud that you only collected $3. The eternally hopeful and blissful head in the clouds dreamer in me wants to walk through that office and slap everybody in the face. But your boss is right...you can't force people to be decent..or guilt them into being decent. They are quite despicable though...YUCK!

Kevin, laughing and crying.

KTC
05-20-2009, 03:17 AM
I'm overly well behaved almost never.

I'm underly bad behaved completely always.

Pagey's_Girl
05-20-2009, 03:25 AM
I've learned the hard way that my idea of funny isn't always the same as everyone else's - I have a seriously morbid sense of humor and my wisecracks don't always come out the way I intended. (Like the time a couple of co-workers were talking about a story on the news - Michael Jackson getting questioned by police after he went into a Wal-mart wearing a ski mask. One wondered why he'd gone into a Wal-mart in the first place and I piped up "They had a sign in the window that said "Boy's Pants Half-Off!" She didn't think it was funny...)

Wayne K
05-20-2009, 03:28 AM
Should I start with the scumbag lawyer who turned me in to the Feds for coming forward to help free his own client?

How about going to work on the books and giving up disability to go back to work (most work off the books and collect) and when I was reinjured they wouldn't give it back to me.

Or the time I told DL that she has a nice ass and she kicked me into a seafood display at Long John Silvers?

The reason she insisted on PMs.

writerterri
05-20-2009, 03:28 AM
I'm underly bad behaved completely always.

Now there's a news flash!

Dork.

KTC
05-20-2009, 03:32 AM
dorkified again

KTC
05-20-2009, 03:33 AM
i am a vampire i am a vampire i am a vampire i have lost my fangs

writerterri
05-20-2009, 03:49 AM
dorkified again

Again? You mean, still.

Angie
05-20-2009, 03:55 AM
My coworker bitches and moans that nothing he does ever turns out right and everything he touches always breaks down and turns into a long repair ordeal.

I told him there was a good reason for that and walked away before he could work out what I meant.

And that was just this morning.

DL Hegel
05-20-2009, 04:00 AM
Should I start with the scumbag lawyer who turned me in to the Feds for coming forward to help free his own client?

How about going to work on the books and giving up disability to go back to work (most work off the books and collect) and when I was reinjured they wouldn't give it back to me.

Or the time I told DL that she has a nice ass and she kicked me into a seafood display at Long John Silvers?

The reason she insisted on PMs.
:Ssh:

DL Hegel
05-20-2009, 04:02 AM
My coworker bitches and moans that nothing he does ever turns out right and everything he touches always breaks down and turns into a long repair ordeal.

I told him there was a good reason for that and walked away before he could work out what I meant.

And that was just this morning.
:D:D:D:D

DL Hegel
05-20-2009, 04:03 AM
Names and addresses pal---I got your back;)

Matera the Mad
05-20-2009, 04:31 AM
I sezt and I getz it *rolls eyes*

Sweetleaf
05-20-2009, 04:41 AM
I can't remember what I said, but I made an ex-boyfriend cry once.

But I blame Southern Comfort for that. (Hey! I was young and poor, don't knock the cheap booze!)

cray
05-20-2009, 05:34 AM
*enrolls this thread in "tact 101."

*runs away*

:D

BenPanced
05-20-2009, 05:37 AM
I actually log on to other forums as "cray".

jodiodi
05-20-2009, 05:37 AM
I was raised to be polite by my perfect Southern Lady grandmother. However, the older I get, the less I care about what others think. I no longer lie about my opinions though I still try to present them diplomatically.

I have always had a terrible temper (like my mother's family) and can hold a grudge forever (like my daddy's family). I learned to hold my temper in check, but every now and then I snap. The last time I got really pissed, I got a meat cleaver from the kitchen and started out the door to teach the neighbor a lesson in how to treat his dog. (He left the poor thing chained up out in the yard in the rain and heat. I could hear the poor dog crying every night.) Fortunately my husband disarmed me. (To my credit, it wasn't easy for him.) I didn't care who heard me cursing the neighbor, and the only reason I could give my husband was, "He ... SPOKE to me!"

So I have no doubt that had my husband not been home when it happened, I'd have committed assault with intent to commit homicide.

I guess I've kept so much inside, I explode when it gets to be too much. Or maybe that's why I've had 2 sudden cardiac deaths--I try to be too polite.

DL Hegel
05-20-2009, 05:38 AM
I can't remember what I said, but I made an ex-boyfriend cry once.

But I blame Southern Comfort for that. (Hey! I was young and poor, don't knock the cheap booze!)

I understand---whiskey---bad---for holding in the truth---I know;)

Gehanna
05-20-2009, 05:48 AM
Mostly, I get cussed out or called names. Any less of a response would shock me.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

James81
05-20-2009, 05:52 AM
My biggest flaw is that I'm probably too honest.

But I have been known to lie my ass off. I just really suck at it, so I don't even bother most of the time because I know I'm a crappy liar.

JoNightshade
05-20-2009, 06:20 AM
I rarely ever get into trouble for telling the truth. Which is odd, because I'm not afraid to do it. Very bluntly. I guess what I do is choose my friends well... people with thick skin! :)

On the other hand, I ALWAYS get into trouble with random people in authority. I am the most innocent, innocuous, law-abiding person ever... on the inside. Outside, apparently I look like a sneaky criminal. I had to cross the border a couple of weeks ago and it was a NIGHTMARE. Doctors never believe me when they ask me if I smoke or drink and I say "no." (I DON'T!) When I was in gradeschool people would blame things on me and teachers ALWAYS believed them. When someone picked on me, all they had to do was deny it and teachers assumed I was lying. Seriously, WTF?

BenPanced
05-20-2009, 06:23 AM
Welcome to my world, Jo. I have a younger sister. Case. Closed.

C.bronco
05-20-2009, 06:24 AM
I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with you DL!

Then again, I too hang out i the Bologna and Cream Cheese Burrito Cantina. Our norm is not universal, so I hear, which is just plain crazy.

DL Hegel
05-20-2009, 07:40 AM
My biggest flaw is that I'm probably too honest.

But I have been known to lie my ass off. I just really suck at it, so I don't even bother most of the time because I know I'm a crappy liar.

Me very honest---most of my friends know---don't ask unless you want to know.

I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with you DL!

Then again, I too hang out i the Bologna and Cream Cheese Burrito Cantina. Our norm is not universal, so I hear, which is just plain crazy.

Yes, you lot are wild bunch:D

I enjoy randomly smacking quickie about;)

DL Hegel
05-20-2009, 07:42 AM

Motto: Be the battery?

BenPanced
05-20-2009, 08:18 AM

Motto: Be the battery?
I AM Weasel! the battery.

Cranky
05-20-2009, 08:31 AM
I was raised to be polite by my perfect Southern Lady grandmother. However, the older I get, the less I care about what others think. I no longer lie about my opinions though I still try to present them diplomatically.

I have always had a terrible temper (like my mother's family) and can hold a grudge forever (like my daddy's family). I learned to hold my temper in check, but every now and then I snap. The last time I got really pissed, I got a meat cleaver from the kitchen and started out the door to teach the neighbor a lesson in how to treat his dog. (He left the poor thing chained up out in the yard in the rain and heat. I could hear the poor dog crying every night.) Fortunately my husband disarmed me. (To my credit, it wasn't easy for him.) I didn't care who heard me cursing the neighbor, and the only reason I could give my husband was, "He ... SPOKE to me!"

So I have no doubt that had my husband not been home when it happened, I'd have committed assault with intent to commit homicide.

I guess I've kept so much inside, I explode when it gets to be too much. Or maybe that's why I've had 2 sudden cardiac deaths--I try to be too polite.

I am very much like this as well, though I haven't yet gotten to the "I don't give a crap what people think' thing yet. :D In the past few years, though, I've managed to grab onto my temper with both hands and not let go. I rarely if ever "lose it" anymore, and when I do get angry now, I feel physically ill...shaking hands and whatnot from the adrenaline. So I always either keep my opinions to myself or phrase them as delicately and diplomatically as possible. I just cannot tolerate conflict anymore, physically. I get violently ill...and if I voice my honest, unvarnished opinion on some things to people, it usually leads to a lot of conflict. For me, the trade off has been worth it, though like you, jodi, I have noticed a change, physically. I get a lot of tics, upset stomach, etc., from suppressed anger and stress. And as I am a parent of a special needs kid (and a lot of kids, period), I'm chronically stressed, lol.

DL Hegel
05-20-2009, 08:34 AM
I AM Weasel! the battery.

then who's the weasel?

DL Hegel
05-20-2009, 08:38 AM
I am very much like this as well, though I haven't yet gotten to the "I don't give a crap what people think' thing yet. :D In the past few years, though, I've managed to grab onto my temper with both hands and not let go. I rarely if ever "lose it" anymore, and when I do get angry now, I feel physically ill...shaking hands and whatnot from the adrenaline. So I always either keep my opinions to myself or phrase them as delicately and diplomatically as possible. I just cannot tolerate conflict anymore, physically. I get violently ill...and if I voice my honest, unvarnished opinion on some things to people, it usually leads to a lot of conflict. For me, the trade off has been worth it, though like you, jodi, I have noticed a change, physically. I get a lot of tics, upset stomach, etc., from suppressed anger and stress. And as I am a parent of a special needs kid (and a lot of kids, period), I'm chronically stressed, lol.

Kicking and punching relieves my stress. Love to do a heavy workout---gets out the stress.

*big hugs* girls.

Cranky
05-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Kicking and punching relieves my stress. Love to do a heavy workout---gets out the stress.

*big hugs* girls.

*hugs back* :)

I scrub toilets and floors by hand, and mop the floors when I get too stressed out. :D Same principle, and I get my housework done. Double bonus points for me, LOL.

DL Hegel
05-20-2009, 08:53 AM
*hugs back* :)

I scrub toilets and floors by hand, and mop the floors when I get too stressed out. :D Same principle, and I get my housework done. Double bonus points for me, LOL.
I am domestically challenged and will go to great lengths to avoid the 'h' word---hence all the kicking and punching.

My motto: it just gets dirty again;)

Albedo
05-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Hate to tell ya Hegel but espionage is probably the wrong career for you.

DL Hegel
05-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Hate to tell ya Hegel but espionage is probably the wrong career for you.

that still leaves spaceship captain:)

cynicalpirate
05-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Telling the truth? huh. I thought telling big fat white lies was the norm, at least when I was 11. Now I can't tell the truth without someone calling me out on it, then I go on the defensive and thanks to my Irish genes, I've gotten into yelling matches and threatened to throttle (and possibly beat the crap) out of a few people who didn't believe me.

...now that I think about it, that was probably the reason why my mom sent me to Anger Management (aka therapy for my "stage freight and other things") when I was 12. At least I learned how to make a sock stick to whack things with.

bettielee
05-20-2009, 11:29 AM
I was in a grocery store and heard this a*hole commenting on where I was standing, what I was doing, etc. He was being a jerk and passive-aggressive, and making my hinky-do alarm go off, so I circled around so his assness could get in front, go about his business and leave me alone. He made a big show out of getting in front of me and asking if he was in my way. I politely smiled my sweetest smile and said, "No, but if you were, I would wait politely for you to finish."

He had no response to that.

I am good at stuff like that, and I rarely get in trouble for my mouth.

Ken
05-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Names and addresses pal---I got your back;)

... Elmstreet is where the nightmare occured, as it seemed.
Thnx for the back up, friend :-)

regdog
05-20-2009, 03:31 PM

... Elmstreet is where the nightmare occured, as it seemed.
Thnx for the back up, friend :-)

I'm with you DL. Point me in the right direction, I'll roast the &*^%$&*

*enrolls this thread in "tact 101."

*runs away*

:D

Are you kidding me battery?!?!! After the reppie you sent. You need to be first in Tact class :tongue

Button
05-20-2009, 07:55 PM
True quote:

"[ButtonTheCat] could shoot someone politely. She'd find a way. She's interesting like that.

'I'm sorry, could you stand there for a moment?' She'll smile, pull out a gun, shoot you in the foot. 'I'm sorry I had to do that, but you really deserved it. Here, I'll order you a pizza.' "

2old2pb
05-20-2009, 08:30 PM
I love shooting my friends. I am always polite while doing it. My feelings are if you're not polite they might not let you shoot them again.

DeleyanLee
05-20-2009, 08:49 PM

The weekend the Star Trek movie came out, we went out for brunch on Sunday to a local chain restaurant near the theater before seeing it a second time. Normally, this is a fast place, decent food, so we thought an hour was more than enough time to eat and get to the theater.

It took almost 15 minutes before the waitress even approached us to get us drinks, silverware or an order. And that's the kindest thing I can say about that particular visit. My daughter summed it up with "If this was Diner Dash, then I wouldn't have any hearts left for her." I have to assume that's a bad thing in the game.

Anyway, so we finally get our checks 2 minutes before the movie starts and head up. And the cashier says "How was everything?"

So I quickly detailed how shitty the service was and left the waitress a penny with the cashier for her tip. Didn't get an apology or anything from the cashier.

Where I got into trouble was with the friend I was with--she was mortified that I'd "made a scene" regarding the service and might get the waitress fired and said that "it would be a long time before I go to a restaurant with you again." Oh, well.

Me and tact have barely been formally introduced, and then only in a business setting. My friend and I have known each other for 20 years. She ought to be aware of that fact by now.

Ken
05-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Point me in the right direction, I'll roast the &*^%$&*

... thnx my friend :-)
And I've got yer back too.
Just call out Ken Bombadil and I'll come running ;-)

tjwriter
05-20-2009, 09:15 PM
*Plops her feet on the table and calls this thread home.*

My husband and I both have the habit of telling people not what they want to hear, but what they need to hear. Which is usually the truth, not some sugar-coated crap.

Like I'm about to tell my husband's cousin (lives next door) that her husband is heartbroken their marriage is over, and I'm a little shocked that she's not even a little sad. Marriage takes work and it's not a cakewalk, so if she'd put a little effort, things might have worked out. If she'd quit lettin' her mama wipe her ass, hold down her own fort, and act right, her son wouldn't have live without his daddy nearby.

But that would probably get me in trouble, so I shut my trap and think it.

The older I get the less BS I can keep from commenting on. And when it overflows, I call people out on it.

aadams73
05-20-2009, 10:25 PM
The older I get, the less crap I'll take. I try to be tactful, but when that doesn't work I'll unleash with the blunt truth. Quite often that backfires. For instance, this week my sister isn't speaking to me. This is because I told her that the guy she is madly in love with(whom she barely knows) just isn't into her. The conversation afterward went like this:

Her: "Don't tell me there's other fish in the sea!"
Me: "I wouldn't dream of it; I know you're vegetarian."

JoNightshade
05-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Just got this one from my dad - thought it belonged in this thread. Apple didn't fall far from the tree. :)

So Dad is 66, still working hard as a master carpenter, has made a pretty good living at it. He occasionally gets laborers from some local Christian rehab center, so they're recovering addicts. Recently he hired one of these guys. They're working for a while when the guy says, "I gotta get some money. You seem like you have a lot of money. Do ya think you could show me how you get it?"

My dad says, "Sure, no problem. You know all those years you spent taking drugs?"

"Yeah?"

"I was working."

bettielee
05-20-2009, 11:14 PM
that still leaves spaceship captain:)

This is why I like you!

DeleyanLee
05-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Her: "Don't tell me there's other fish in the sea!"
Me: "I wouldn't dream of it; I know you're vegetarian."

LOL! Whereas I had a vegetarian friend tell me that fish are just vegetables with eyes. ;)

LorelieBrown
05-21-2009, 12:52 AM
This weekend, my mom showed me the diamond earrings her wife got her for Law School graduation. They paid $2200 for one carat, G color, S1 clarity. And then asked me if they paid too much.

Mom cried.

I suck.

PoppysInARow
05-21-2009, 01:18 AM
This weekend, my mom showed me the diamond earrings her wife got her for Law School graduation. They paid $2200 for one carat, G color, S1 clarity. And then asked me if they paid too much.

Mom cried.

I suck.

You don't suck. You're just being honest, and I'm sure she appreciates your honesty more despite not always hearing what she wants to.

I'm terrible for it too. Especially when I'm angry. I'm horribly honest and an avid liar....

It's complicated. :Shrug:

DL Hegel
05-21-2009, 04:06 AM
I love shooting my friends. I am always polite while doing it. My feelings are if you're not polite they might not let you shoot them again.
you silly rabbit---shooting is for elmers