• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking betas for "Lightning Spliced" urban sci-fi, trades welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zellie

Rock like an elk!
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.zellie.info
Please email me [email protected] if you are interested in betaing for me <3 Thanks.

To give you a sense of the novel, here's my query-in-progress:

A crime against the soul, she calls it.

In LIGHTNING SPLICED, Amy thinks she can trust her doctor. She thinks anyone working for her parents’ company, GAMA, is qualified to operate on her. But she doesn’t know about Dr. Gandon’s ruthless need to mark his name in history in her flesh. He cures her genetic atrophy but at a price. His treatment forces her body to betray her. Her altered cells cause her to electrocute anyone she touches. Now her parents are dead and it’s her fault.

But Amy isn’t alone. Gandon violates the genetic code of hundreds. Those victims who survive form the resistance against GAMA. Among them, Amy becomes attracted to Jared, an antisocial master of knives. Like her, he has killed before. He dedicates his life to hunting Gandon, but Amy must decide for herself if she will use the lightning inside her to kill the man who saved her life. Regardless of her choice, Gandon aims to finish the experiment he started-whether or not she survives.

I'm at the final draft stage. With help from Karen, a fantastic highly recommended beta, I've cut it down from 125K to 90K. I need some fresh sets of eyes! The more the merrier ^-^

I'm happy to beta your work as well. I have a degree in English and am a very thorough beta reader. I prefer novels and serials. I read science fiction and fantasy (especially urban, paranormal or dark fantasy). No vampires. Would rather not read werewolves. Not a big fan of Magical Schools. LOVE anything remotely Neil Gaiman-esq ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.