• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need a beta reader, willing to trade - urban fantasy/action

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthhalos

Bellerophon reborn!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a beta reader for my first urban fantasy, The Molotov Magician. I finished it a couple years ago, and have set it aside until now. I've got a little bit of 3rd party feedback from these forums, but I'm looking for a more in-depth analysis of my characters, plot arc, etc.
I'm also willing to trade if anyone would be interested in reading it and also needs a work of theirs read, and I will give my honest opinion, and even a chapter-by-chapter analysis.

The Molotov Magician is 320 pages, 90,888 words, and I'll include a brief synopsis below. My writing style at the time was influenced by Garth Nix, Stephen King, and various sequences from television series (i won't say which ones).
If you're interested in reading it and giving your opinion, let me know. Thanks in advance.

Jill fox is having nightmares, and not the normal kind. She visits locked doors in her dreams, and when she wakes, she can still feel the cold evil that lurks behind them, like icy hands around her throat. She could never guess that, even now, one door stands ajar, and that the terrible entity stepping through it will soon plunge her into her darkest fears.
Until he lands on her car, that is.
Suddenly, Jill is swept into a world of magic and danger with the unbalanced and seemingly indestructible Johnny Rocket, a boy who is pursued by a demon bent on retribution for crimes Johnny can’t remember committing. Together, they must solve the mystery of Johnny’s origins and discover the secrets of the cataclysmic city in the sky before their world is swallowed by darkness.

Last edited:

darthhalos

Bellerophon reborn!
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, upping the need a notch. I've met a very nice individual in here that has agreed to read it (as a swap), but from what I've gathered, I believe I'm going to need at least another two readers, to give some depth and comparision between the critiques. I would like to know how one person's opinion differs from another when reading my manuscript.

I'm still open for swaps if anyone needs one done, so let me know if you're interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.