Assassins Creed 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
Yes, the most anticapted sequel since Call of Duty 4 is released on November 20th (that's in the UK)

Those who played the original will be expecting cinmematic views and historic battlefields.

The trailer is here

I gather it's set during the italian rennaisance.

Looks like fun!

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
The first one was the bane of my existence.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
I thought the first one was graphically delicious, but found it very repetitive and boring after a while.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
I thought the first had a good story, nice graphics, and I liked the climb on anything platforming a lot. That said, a few things ruined the game for me (aka, I'd never replay it.)

1. Beggar ladies.
2. Those dudes who push you.
3. Timed missions
4. Unintuitive (IMO) sword combat.

Still, in spite of what my first comment may suggest, I am hyped for the sequel. Worst case scenario, the interesting story gets expanded on. Best case scenario, they also manage to bring the gameplay up a few notches.

Dommo

On Mac's double secret probation.
Registered
Reaction score
The first game, at least to me, felt more like a fancy tech demo than a game. It was kind of interesting, but the worlds lacked any substantial depth, and if it would have had some RPG elements(e.g. buying new equipment, bribing guards, etc.) it could have led to some far more interesting game play scenarios.

Hopefully in the upcoming game they incorporate more of those types of features into the game.

tarcanus

Lord of the Tarcans
Registered
Reaction score
In one of the new GameInformer magazines, they have a big article about AC2. From reading the article, it sounds like they've fixed a lot of the gripes people had with the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.