PDA

View Full Version : Don't cancel your holiday to Fiji

Mumut
05-16-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm just back from two weeks in Fiji and I'm really sorry for the Fijian people. They can't see anything really wrong with their little political hiccups but I'll not talk politics. What I saw was a huge drop in tourists - a major source of income in these islands. Our resort was half empty and the cruise boat to the International Dateline had a maximum of 120 passengers but there were only 21 of us.

So with the exchange rate for Fijian dollars so favourable and plenty of great offers for airfares and accommodation - get packed and go!

Ken Schneider
05-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Hell, man. I can hardly get to work on Monday mornings let alone go to Fiji.

But I'm glad you went and enjoyed it.

Wayne K
05-16-2009, 04:38 PM
I put a down payment on a loaf of bread this morning--twenty two more payments and she's all mine.

I feel for the people whose economy revolves around tourism because that's one of the first things to go in a bad economy. Restaurants are being hard hit too.

Perks
05-16-2009, 04:44 PM
I always tell my kids that I'm going to Fiji when they tell me they can do something without my help. When my eldest was two years old and wanted some independence, she'd say, "Go Fiji, mama. Go Fiji."

So maybe I will.

Sharonb423
05-16-2009, 04:54 PM
I am more than happy to do my part in stimulating the economy... I really only work to support my bad travel habits, I wonder how good of a deal I can find to Fiji today?