Light at the end of the tunnel?

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
By the grace of God, my son was recently called by a recruiter for an IT position at a large firm here in Dallas--and was offered a job!! He started Wednesday--his first ever 9-5 job, and he's been coming home tired but with eyes shining. There's just something indescribably wonderful about seeing your kid finally find his niche in the world...especially when there've been several set-backs. So, I'm doing a little celebrating. :)

2.gif

Last edited:

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
isn't it great? i'll bet we two could share a tale or two about quirky offspring. i don't want to say that i'm glimpsing the light at the end of my matriarchal tunnel because it might jinx things, but i am thinking about turning off the flashlight. so thrilled for you--s6

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, shakeysix. Yeah, that's why I put that question mark in there...I've learned not to be confident. ;)

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
It is wonderful to see His hand in the things that for so long looked endless. I am so happy for your and your news. Times of reflection in later years will only bring this more to the surface.
(Have missed you.)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Aww, Pat, so wonderful to see you and your son happy. You sure are a loving mom and bet he'll do great at this job. Way2go and congrats. Calls for :Cake:!

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
All you have to do is look at me and there's hope for your quirky offspring. I had 'em scratching their heads for a lot of years.

Extreme frustration can feel like hopelessness, but you said "little room for hope" there's a big difference. I've read a lot of your posts and have respected you silently for a long time. He has a wonderful example in his mom, and that is enough to conquer the quirrkiest of quirks.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
Congrats! And so nice that you have supported him through this. I really hope it works out for the best. It sounds like he landed an awesome job.

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All you have to do is look at me and there's hope for your quirky offspring. I had 'em scratching their heads for a lot of years.

Extreme frustration can feel like hopelessness, but you said "little room for hope" there's a big difference. I've read a lot of your posts and have respected you silently for a long time. He has a wonderful example in his mom, and that is enough to conquer the quirrkiest of quirks.

Wayne, that is the kindest thing to say...thank you so much. I've been learning over the years not to ever put my hope (finally) in what I can see or perceive, but to rest it finally in the faith I have that God loves my son more than even I do--and is at work in his life, even when the path looks treacherous and dark. So even during those times when I've had little apparent reason for hope (like when his psychiatrist told us after 7 years we were wasting our money, and to just get a good lawyer), I always come back to that one ultimate basis for hope...that God loves us and has a redemptive plan for each of our lives.

Last edited:

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, too, Wendy, Susie, Sadron, and ButtontheCat. :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
as a mom with a couple quirks in her quiver, I am glad to hear there is hope.
but seriously, you're a good Mom and God put you in his life and him in yours for all the experiences, and I'm happy to hear there are shiny eyes and relief for you guys right now.
from way across the megabytes, you have long been one of my biggest inspirations. I would imagine your child would feel that ten times over.

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Regdog, Perks, and P.H. You guys are and have been a terrific support.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
From someone married to someone remarkably like your son (not quite as extreme - took 2 extra years to graduate, on academic probation nearly the whole time), I'm thrilled to hear he's found his place! Hopefully this will work out well for him. Jobs like that tend to be hard to get into if you don't have a degree (or good grades), but once you get into the computer industry it's all about experience. And computer people... well, as a whole, I've never encountered a group more accepting of complete weirdos. :) (Thankfully for us!)

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Mandy-Jane! And Jo, I think you're right; experience (and performance) in that industry is what will move him forward, even without the college degree. :) Thanks for the encouragement.