PDA

View Full Version : Linking authors to their agents

tainabell
05-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Hi all,

This might be posted somewhere here already, but I was wondering if there was a resource on the web where you can put in an author and see who their agent is.

I've been reading a bunch of books in the genre I would like to publish in, and I'd like to make a list of all the ones I like and who represents them. So far I've just been typing the authors name plus the word agent in a google search. That works sometimes, but not always.

Can anyone help?

Thank!

Stew21
05-15-2009, 08:34 PM
http://www.querytracker.net/clients.php

Lisa Cox
05-15-2009, 09:15 PM
This was actually a really helpful question to ask, and I'm so glad someone had the answer. *spends hours going through list*

Kathleen42
05-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Also, I've used Google Books to run searches on agents that I'm interested in if I've not have luck finding their client list. Lots of writers thank their agents in the acknowledgments.

tainabell
05-18-2009, 07:51 PM
EXCELLENT! Thanks so much. I'll bookmark it.

stormie
05-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Just a note: Cross-reference querytracker. I'm still on there as being repped by the lit agency my ex-agent belonged with, and it's the wrong agent named. I parted ways with that agent almost two years ago.

AHJennings
06-28-2009, 04:12 AM
Yeah, and a lot of people just don't show up at all, so take whatever you find on that site with a grain of salt.