DOOM Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.C. Denton

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I loved where id went with the recreation of Doom on Xbox, does anyone know if there are plans of another game to be released for the Xbox console?

There were a few of the old staples of the Doom franchise I think they should've heightened more, but overall I thought it an excellent game and just as any other Doom game when it was over I was left wanting more.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
I've only played DOOM III on the PC but I loved it. When we were in AK, I'd put the headphones on, turn off all the lights and play. My husband would hear me going, "OOOH" and "DAMMIT" and other expletives.

S.C. Denton

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Lights off... naturally, that's the only way to play. Killing imps, and hellspawn from another dimension isn't a job for the daylight. Lol. I've since found out from the guy at Gamestop that Id is in the progress of making a DOOM 4 right now. As far as I can tell they haven't given a firm release date.

One thing I found a bit odd was that they're claiming that it won't be a sequel to D3 which was essentially a reboot. I'm assuming it won't be a recreation of any other game in the series but rather a stand alone DOOM, possibly with a backstory all it's own.

Of course that's just speculation. I for one think they should've made a sequel to D3. Why remake the first one if you don't plan to continue to reestablish the whole series?

Rushie

Registered
Reaction score
Doom 1,2,3, Quake 1,2 were my loves. John Carmack is my hero; one of only two living geniuses in the U.S. today imo.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Doom is the only game to ever make me motion-sick, and unfortunately, for as smart as he was, Carmack was more an arrogant asshole than a gifted programmer.

Rushie

Registered
Reaction score
Doom is the only game to ever make me motion-sick, and unfortunately, for as smart as he was, Carmack was more an arrogant asshole than a gifted programmer.

He was? What'd he do?

tarcanus

Lord of the Tarcans
Registered
Reaction score
I had a big problem with Doom 3, actually. I hated that it wasn't built as levels - like all of the previous DOOM games. It just didn't feel right. I'm hoping beyond hope that DOOM 4 is split into episodes and levels like the originals.

S.C. Denton

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I missed the OG transporters, and those big motha spiders. Speakin' of spiders I rather liked the lil' robot guy. It'd've been cool if he'd been a backpack weapon that you could actually deploy in a dire situation.

Plus it seemed like there weren't nearly the amount of secret areas.

Last edited:

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
I remember the big spiders in Doom 3. Ugh. I blasted every one I could find. My husband would laugh at me shrieking and screaming, "Die M-----F----r"

kristin724

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristinbattestella.blogspot.com
I loved Doom! It's the only game I've played since my Atari died. I really liked the first 3 and The Ultimate Doom, but I can't get the zdoom of the old game to unzip on my pc anymore. My husband gave me a Nintendo 64 Emulator to play Doom 64, but it's not as good. Too dark. And the movie sucked. But yes, great memories, and nightmares, but a really great game.

The Lonely One

Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Registered
Reaction score
Doom 1, (never played 2), 3, and my favorite: Doom 64. A nice darker twist on the fun but cheesy earlier games.

Status
Not open for further replies.