PDA

View Full Version : Writers Needed Urgently - $5 for 500 word articles

submit_articles
05-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Looking for writers, immediate assignments available.

If you can afford the time to write 2 or 3 unique articles each day, please send me a PM with samples.

Terms:

* Turnaround for 2 or 3 articles within 24 hrs.
* 500 words to be sent in Word Doc format.
* Payment paid directly to Paypal upon completion.

That's it!

Aric Mitchell
05-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Already doing this for EduBook.com and Suite 101, and would like to talk more about the position. Samples are available upon request. Thank you for your posting.

TemlynWriting
05-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Already doing this for EduBook.com and Suite 101, and would like to talk more about the position. Samples are available upon request. Thank you for your posting.

Aric Mitchell:

The original poster requests that prospective writers send him a PM. I know that some employers who post open positions are sometimes turned off by prospective writers who do not follow their explicitly-stated instructions to send a PM, but rather post publicly in the thread. This may not always be the case, but better to be safe than sorry.

Also, some employers don't even come back to visit the thread at all, so a PM is usually the best way to contact them, even if you do comment in the thread. At least that way you cover all bases.

Hope that helps.

Aric Mitchell
05-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Ah yes, bad allergy day, not thinking clearly. Thank you for pointing this out.

submit_articles
06-24-2009, 08:14 AM
Hi, I have 2 vacancies for part/full time writers.

Only writers that fulfill the following requirements need apply:

Description

* Preferably native English speaker. If not, graduate qualifications in English or English literature preferred.

* Must be able to write 3 to 5 articles each day.

* Must be able to meet the turnaround time of 24 hrs for each order.

* Articles must be at least 500 words.

* Must be willing to research on various topics and write on a wide variety of subjects. (home improvement, computer software, travel, etc)

* Articles must be unique and pass Copyscape.

* Rate for each article is $5.

* Payment will be made by Paypal after completion of articles.

Application Instructions:

Interested parties, please send your application to articlesubmissionpro[at]gmail.com

Include in your application the following information:
1) Country of residence.
2) Part time or full time.
3) Samples of your writing (must be verifiable!)

You can also send PM if with the above info.

Thanks.

DarkDesireX
06-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Forgive me if this information is on the website but I got a little lost in all the text. Where should we be sending our applications to? Also, what's this about a distribution credit? Are we meant to pay you to send out the work you requested?

TemlynWriting
06-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Forgive me if this information is on the website but I got a little lost in all the text. Where should we be sending our applications to? Also, what's this about a distribution credit? Are we meant to pay you to send out the work you requested?

I'm not sure about the distribution credit, but the original poster said the following about sending applications in his original post:

Interested parties, please send your application to articlesubmissionpro[at]gmail.com

1) Country of residence.

So, you can either send an e-mail to the address above, or a private message here on AW.

Hope that helps! :)

TheRightEyedDeer
06-25-2009, 03:16 PM

Looks to me like this site is trying to get writers to pay for promoting writing. Not just their own writing -- see the 2nd & 3rd points below:

Important Notes:

When you engage us to write and distribute for you, it's the ultimate promotion on autopilot. We do all the work for you.
We will submit articles into your account, and let you vet through the articles (if you like) before submitting.
If you wish to write your own articles, or already have someone else writing for you, then feel free to choose the distribution only packages.
Payments are processed by PayPal. PayPal accepts all major credit cards. No registration required.
Distribution credits will be INSTANTLY credited to you once payment has been completed.

Why am I hearing that "money flows toward the writer, not the other way around" quote this morning? :Shrug:

TheRightEyedDeer
06-25-2009, 03:21 PM
As there was no contact information anywhere on the fastsubmitarticle site, I ran a 'whois' query. The site is registered to:

Administrative Contact:
Chow, Darren http://source.domaintools.com/email.pgif?md5=523c3cf7c6c4a583f940a28f056dbf28&face=Atomic_Clock_Radio&size=7&color=000000&bgcolor=FFFFFF&face=Trebuchet&size=9&color=0000FF&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format%5B%5D=underline&format%5B%5D=transparent&format%5B%5D=transparent (http://www.domaintools.com/registrant-search/?email=523c3cf7c6c4a583f940a28f056dbf28)
SGBroadband.com
Blk 182
Boon Lay Drive #14-502
Singapore, Singapore 640182
Singapore

And there's already a locked thread about this 'market' here on AW:
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139995

TemlynWriting
06-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the updates, TheRightEyedDeer.

I did chat via PM with submit_articles a while back and let him know he was welcome to post here again in a new thread, so that's not a problem. It wasn't his original post that got that thread locked; it was locked for conversational reasons.

However, I find your discoveries interesting, and wonder myself whether writers are being asked to pay for their writing? I think the paying part may be because the service is taking the time to submit one's articles to a large grouping of sites. I guess this may come in handy for someone who doesn't want to do his own submission to various websites and directories, though the sites themselves are often free to submit to.

submit_articles:

Can you clarify about this? Are writers having to pay to promote their own writing? Because, if so, there are plenty of places where writers can submit their writing for free. If I understand correctly, you're taking all of those free places and doing it for them -- I suppose in an effort to save them time? And that's why it costs, because you're taking the time to submit to all those places?

Thanks for any clarification.

SouthernFriedJulie
06-25-2009, 06:16 PM
It's one of those sites that write for clients and/or sell articles to pump into different places for marketing.

They hire writers to write multitudes of keyword content for a client or clients. Then sell at a higher rate. Remember bundles of articles? That sort of thing. Those sites do pay writers, they don't pay high, but they also do not charge the writers. The information on the front page is for clients /looking/ for writing services.

BTW, I made a mistake on the signature line thing, Julia. Sorry.

TemlynWriting
06-25-2009, 11:20 PM
It's one of those sites that write for clients and/or sell articles to pump into different places for marketing.

They hire writers to write multitudes of keyword content for a client or clients. Then sell at a higher rate. Remember bundles of articles? That sort of thing. Those sites do pay writers, they don't pay high, but they also do not charge the writers. The information on the front page is for clients /looking/ for writing services.

That's what I was thought -- that the clients are charged, not the writers themselves -- but the other posters' comments made me wonder if I was wrong. So we were seeing things that weren't even there.

Okay, so, the website is for clients buying the writing service, not for the writers themselves. The writers are not charged anything.

Gotcha.

Thanks for the confirmation, Julie! :)

anuch60
07-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Hi, I have 2 vacancies for part/full time writers.

Description

* Preferably native English speaker. If not, graduate qualifications in English or English literature preferred.

* Must be willing to research on various topics and write on a wide variety of subjects. (home improvement, computer software, travel, etc)

1) Country of residence.

Thanks.
Country of residence- India
Full time
Articles at http://contentrite.blogspot.com and www.edubook.com where i am listed as a top rated author (Jayant Row)

TemlynWriting
07-01-2009, 10:13 PM
Country of residence- India
Full time
Articles at http://contentrite.blogspot.com and www.edubook.com (http://www.edubook.com) where i am listed as a top rated author (Jayant Row)

anuch60:

As I've already mentioned previously (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3735067&postcount=3) in this thread, the original poster explicitly requests that prospective writers send him an e-mail or PM. He gave clear application instructions, including the e-mail address where applications should be sent.

Please be aware that some employers who post open positions are sometimes turned off by prospective writers who do not follow their explicitly-stated instructions to send an e-mail or PM, but rather post publicly in the thread. This may not always be the case, but better to be safe than sorry.

Also, some employers don't even come back to visit the thread at all, so an e-mail or PM is usually the best way to contact them, even if you do comment in the thread. At least that way you cover all bases.

Please see the following posts quoted from above:

1) Country of residence.

the original poster said the following about sending applications in his original post:

1) Country of residence.

So, you can either send an e-mail to the address above, or a private message here on AW.

Shadow_Ferret
07-01-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm always intrigued by people who want something written but won't pay professionally to get it. $5 per 500 word article and expecting 3 to 5 articles a day? That's nearly full time work and all you can expect to make is $25 a day?

TemlynWriting
07-01-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm always intrigued by people who want something written but won't pay professionally to get it. $5 per 500 word article and expecting 3 to 5 articles a day? That's nearly full time work and all you can expect to make is $25 a day?

I can understand your point, Shadow_Ferret, but discussions like this one are the reason the Paying Markets board was closed to comments (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42437) for almost two years. And why we now have a rule against such discussions (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31330).

The thread title on the front page of the Paying Markets board reflects the pay rate, so if someone isn't interested in lower-paying markets, they don't even need to click on the thread.

Also:

Please, if a job doesn't pay enough to make it worth it for you, just don't apply. There's no need to post to complain about it. We'd all love it if every editor who posted here paid $1/word and up, but it's not going to happen. The editors who pay very well generally don't need to post on message boards looking for writers.

If there's something dishonest about the job, or if you want to raise other questions, that's fine. But please, enough with the posts just to say, "Wow! That pay stinks!" That almost never changes anything.

Complaining about pay rates only serves a few purposes: It scares off others who would post jobs here, and it makes hobbyist/new writers feel bad if they take low-paying jobs.

Please see this post on the rule about the criticism of low pay rates (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31330).

In fact, I'll quote the entire thing for the sake of this thread, because one such post often leads to a bunch of others with the same complaint:

Hi folks,

There's a really predictible history on this board:

Someone posts a low-paying job
Lots and lots of people post complaints about the low pay

It's tiring. Please, if a job doesn't pay enough to make it worth it for you, just don't apply. There's no need to post to complain about it. We'd all love it if every editor who posted here paid $1/word and up, but it's not going to happen. The editors who pay very well generally don't need to post on message boards looking for writers.

If there's something dishonest about the job, or if you want to raise other questions, that's fine. But please, enough with the posts just to say, "Wow! That pay stinks!" That almost never changes anything. The editor will quickly learn whether or not writers are willing to accept the pay rate-- either people will apply, or they won't. And either they'll be competent writers, or they won't. If the company can afford to pay more, maybe they will increase their rates if they see they aren't getting enough qualified candidates. If they can't afford to pay more, they'll either make do or fold.

(Note: Absolute Write is a low-paying market. I'd really rather not feel like I can't post our needs on our own board!)

In any case, complaining about pay rates only serves a few purposes: It scares off others who would post jobs here, and it makes hobbyist/new writers feel bad if they take low-paying jobs.

And it makes me grumpy.

Thanks for considering this.

And the post about how Paying Markets was closed to comments, and my plea once it was reopened (by the way, I'm the one who pleaded with Mac about reopening the forum to comments; I thought our members deserved another chance):

I give up. After two moderators patiently reminded people in a thread yesterday that we have a rule (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31330) about not posting just to complain about pay rates (which was conveniently stickied right on top of the board, but is now obsolete), guess what? A third writer had to get in two snooty posts just to complain about the pay rate. (I deleted them.)

Enough is enough.

(ETA: In case this is not clear, this has been happening all along, in a great many threads. I have asked repeatedly for people to stop posting just to say, "That pay rate sucks! I would never write for you!", which is so unproductive. But it seems people cannot stop themselves.)

This is now an announcement-only board, which means that just like pretty much every other job board, you cannot respond to threads started by a job poster. The only people who can now respond to threads are the moderators.

If you see a job posted here that you think is dishonest, scamming, or seedy in some way, PLEASE REPORT IT to Julia or Cathy (the mods of this board). They can delete threads, move them to the "Bewares Board," or post additional information where necessary.

Publishers and editors: If you WANT open feedback on your call for writers (to make sure it's clear, make sure it contains enough info, etc.), post it on the Freelance Writing board first and get feedback on it, then come post it here.

Okay, folks. After two years of this board being announcement-only, we're opening it back up for replies. Just be nice. If you feel tempted to complain about low rates, please read this thread (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31330) first and see if your comments would truly be productive.

Remember what Jenna said:

I have asked repeatedly for people to stop posting just to say, "That pay rate sucks! I would never write for you!", which is so unproductive.We're giving y'all another chance. Please don't abuse it and make us go back to announcement-only.

Thanks!

JRTurner
07-04-2009, 08:02 PM
I did this years ago--sent in five articles, got paid for one. The guy didn't answer my emails. It was the same deal: 500 words for $5.00 and as I was new and needed to get my name out there, I thought it was a good idea.

Not so much, it turns out :)

Warmly,
Jenny:)

Kivandrohex
07-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Wow, must be tough knowing he didn't pay you for the other four.

TemlynWriting
07-05-2009, 04:24 AM
I did this years ago--sent in five articles, got paid for one. The guy didn't answer my emails. It was the same deal: 500 words for $5.00 and as I was new and needed to get my name out there, I thought it was a good idea.

Not so much, it turns out :)

Warmly,
Jenny:)

Jenny, did you work for this very same person/company? Can you send me a PM with the information so that I can compare and see if, indeed, it is the same? That will help me greatly, as if it is the same outfit they could be banned from the forum.

Thanks!

Amelia23
07-07-2009, 12:10 PM
I was almost ready to submit an application, but when I visited the web page and saw that the charge under the how to submit articles cost more than I would make per article, I came back to this page and continued to read the comments. I am curious to find out what Julia found out. So I decided to wait and see whether I should apply or not. I have enough problems without worrying about whether or not I will get paid or not.

Amelia23

Aric Mitchell
07-08-2009, 05:44 PM
I can verify for sure that you will get paid. You may not always like the assignments, and sometimes the customers do not give you enough information to write the article effectively, especially since the assignments carry with them a 24-hour turnaround time.

It doesn't matter, he still holds you responsible.

However, Darren pays you the same day you turn your articles in, and is good about keeping the work steady. He is very dependable when it comes to pay.

I made over $300 last month writing for him. However, it will definitely not produce a full-time income, and if you already have a full-time job, the 24-hour turnaround can be daunting. I logged a lot of time for that $300, so keep that in mind before responding.

SouthernFriedJulie
07-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Aric- this has nothing to do with the job, noticed your email listed on your sig. Might want to remove that because bots can grab it and you'll get spam. That's any openly viewable forum!

And thanks for letting us know about this !

Aric Mitchell
07-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the tip, I've changed it. Bots ruin things for everyone! And you are welcome. If anyone has further questions about this opportunity, feel free to PM me :).

submit_articles
09-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Hi, I have 1 vacancy for part/full time writers.

Description

(See proof of payment attached for 1 writer. We have work for you almost on a daily basis!)

Interested parties, please send your application to myonlinejv[at]gmail.com

1) Country of residence.

Thanks.

http://www.darrenchow.com/images/proof-outsource-payment.jpg

submit_articles
10-14-2009, 08:18 AM
Hi, I'm looking for article writers who can deliver 3- 5 articles per day.

Here are the details.

Description

1) Country of residence.

You can also send PM with the above info.

Thanks.

Aragon
10-14-2009, 09:47 AM
and how much does this cost, because looking at article submission service, you have to pay

TemlynWriting
10-14-2009, 10:06 PM
and how much does this cost, because looking at article submission service, you have to pay
Please view this thread (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146170), where it is mentioned that the website is for clients buying the writing service, not for the writers themselves. The writers are not charged anything.

This post explains it in more detail:

Hope that helps. :)

DarkDesireX
10-15-2009, 03:34 AM
Has anyone actually gotten a response from this group? I've already applied twice and no answer. Maybe they didn't like my stuff but I don't see why not, I've experience in writing a wide variety of topics.

Rolli
10-15-2009, 03:59 AM
Considering that the pay rate is at least a tenth of what any sane writer would find worthwhile, or fair, I'd file this one under F - for forget about it (though fishy works just as nicely).

Izz
10-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Isn't there a sticky at the top of this subforum that specifically asks us *not* to criticize pay-rates?

SouthernFriedJulie
10-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Isn't there a sticky at the top of this subforum that specifically asks us *not* to criticize pay-rates?

Yep, there is. For those new to the board, here's the post, quoted for your pleasure. (lubrication costs extra)

Hi folks,

There's a really predictible history on this board:

Someone posts a low-paying job
Lots and lots of people post complaints about the low pay

It's tiring. Please, if a job doesn't pay enough to make it worth it for you, just don't apply. There's no need to post to complain about it. We'd all love it if every editor who posted here paid $1/word and up, but it's not going to happen. The editors who pay very well generally don't need to post on message boards looking for writers.

If there's something dishonest about the job, or if you want to raise other questions, that's fine. But please, enough with the posts just to say, "Wow! That pay stinks!" That almost never changes anything. The editor will quickly learn whether or not writers are willing to accept the pay rate-- either people will apply, or they won't. And either they'll be competent writers, or they won't. If the company can afford to pay more, maybe they will increase their rates if they see they aren't getting enough qualified candidates. If they can't afford to pay more, they'll either make do or fold.

(Note: Absolute Write is a low-paying market. I'd really rather not feel like I can't post our needs on our own board!)

In any case, complaining about pay rates only serves a few purposes: It scares off others who would post jobs here, and it makes hobbyist/new writers feel bad if they take low-paying jobs.

And it makes me grumpy.

Thanks for considering this.

coolcleo
10-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the job!!

Hi, I'm looking for article writers who can deliver 3- 5 articles per day.

Here are the details.

Description

1) Country of residence.

You can also send PM with the above info.

Thanks.

DarkDesireX
10-15-2009, 09:28 PM
Did they hire you, Cleo?

TemlynWriting
10-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Thanks, Izz and SouthernFriedJulie, for mentioning the issue of low pay.

By the way, to the folks who want to comment on low pay: The title of the thread states the rate, so it's expected that uninterested parties won't even click to view the thread. This saves both your time (in posting complaints) and our time (in having to reiterate the rules), as well as the original poster's time (in having to read discouraging comments and thinking the members of this forum are rude).

Thanks for your cooperation! :)

submit_articles
10-23-2009, 07:28 AM
Hi, I have more vacancies available for part/full time writers.

Description

* Articles must be at least 500 words (or 300 words)

* Rate for each article is $5 (for 500 words) and $3 (300 words)

1) Country of residence.

Thanks.

nicheguru
10-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi,

I am interested in writing for you if it is a regular job. I have access to best research facility and can write quality articles. Do let me know your terms.

submit_articles
04-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Hi, I have 1 more vacancy available for home writers.

Immediate assignments available for the right candidate.

Only writers that fulfill the following requirements need apply.

Long term writing assignments available for successful candidates.

Description

* Articles must be at least 500 words

* Rate for each article is $5 (for 500 words)

* You will be given a Writer's account to work with. So all you need is a web browser to start writing.

* Payment will be made by Paypal at the end of each week (Sunday).

1) Country of residence.
2) Age
3) Part time or full time.
4) Samples of your writing (must be verifiable!)

Applications with incomplete information WILL NOT be processed!

Thanks.

WildScribe
04-12-2010, 09:34 AM
I'm curious, how do you verify the authorship of samples?

submit_articles
04-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Most writers provide online samples - links to articles that they have written. In that case, the articles must be attributed to their own name, or they must be able to make some edits to the articles (if they own the site).

The articles can also be checked for uniqueness to see if they are copied from other sources.

There are many ways to verify. Important thing is for writers to be truthful about ownership.

One writer even offered to provide contact info for a client that he wrote for.

I'm curious, how do you verify the authorship of samples?

submit_articles
05-25-2011, 10:57 AM

Our loyal writers can expect to earn $200 to $500 a month.

Description

* You will be given a Writer's account to work with. So all you need is a web browser to start writing.

1) Country of residence.
2) Age

Thanks.

submit_articles
06-17-2011, 09:12 AM

Our loyal writers can expect to earn $200 to $500 a month.

Description

1) Country of residence.
2) Age

Thanks.

submit_articles
03-24-2012, 02:28 PM
i, I have 1 vacancy available for home writers.

Our loyal writers can expect to earn $100 to $200 a month.

Description

1) Country of residence.
2) Age

Thanks.