Possibly the right spot, possibly not...

laidoff

Registered
Reaction score
I believe this section is mostly, if not all for agents for authors; however I have a question that is related to authoring and also screenwriting. I am hoping an agent or agents can give me a little glimmer of light into what my options and best avenue to pursue may be.

I thoroughly enjoy writing, and as like most writers come up with some truly unique and intriguing ideas; but seriously I do. These ideas however span several different genres and even different medias. I have already optioned a screenplay a few months ago and about to embark on sending queries out for my second one, but would greatly prefer to get an agent to handle these kinds of things for me. There is of course nothing stopping me from sending my queries to some agents seeking representation, but I do not want to get into a situation where I may be ‘forced’ into sticking to one kind of work; ie screenplays and not books. Many of the ideas I have are phenomenal stories, but I just cannot conceptualize how they would work on film and firmly believe they are best suited for the written word.

So, my question is; are agents ever willing to accept a writer who jumps back and forth from books to screenplays and vice versa? And if so, what boundaries would generally be set in this kind of arrangement?

Thanks a lot for any responses, they are truly appreciated.

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
There are quite a few agents who will look at both. When it comes to selling, usually the book agent will send the screenplay to someone she knows & trusts to handle it properly. Few agents have enough contacts in both worlds to be really successful at sales.