My MS goes out to editors today!

SilverLaker

Registered
Reaction score
Quietly freaking out. My agent is submitting my YA manuscript to our A list of editors today.

We've done a couple rounds of revisions and both feel really good about the book, but it's so weird to have it now out of my hands.

I've been in this situation with screenplays and know it's a waiting game, but the publishing scene is new to me. Any advice? How long are we looking at here, in terms of getting responses?

I HAVE taken some time off from the freaking out to celebrate a bit -- it's the result of six years of on-again, off-again work. It really is a dream come true just to have the book go out into the world like this! I'm just so afraid the first round of submissions will come up empty and I'll be too dejected to do anything...Sigh...

dawinsor

Dorothy A. Winsor
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
SilverLaker--how exciting! What a great moment.

I have no idea of the average wait time. My experience says it varies a lot, but on the whole, is slow. A month is nothing. Do something to take your mind off it!

And come on over to the No News Is No News thread. We're all waiting there.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, and congratulations on submitting!

:partyguy:

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
The waiting time is anywhere from 1 to 1,000,000,000 days from what I hear.:D

Congratulations.

YukonMike

Look! That's my book!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fwfr.com
Good luck Silver Laker!

I'm in the same boat. My MS went out about two weeks ago. I just keep checking my e-mail for updates hoping to see a message from my agent saying "We got an offer!", even though it takes anywhere from one to six months to get a response.

I'm keeping myself busy by checking out the AW forum and trying not to think about it too much.

Emily Arsenault

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emilyarsenault.com
Good luck, Silver Laker!

Congratulations on completing and submitting a project so many years in the making!

I've found it helpful to take up a new project or hobby while I have to wait. Something physical or at least hands-on. Last time I had a project on submission, I painted my living room--which I'd been meaning to do for months anyway. It was nice to have something to show for the wait besides a sore finger from hitting the refresh button on my email.

Hope you hear something positive soon!

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Party at SilverLaker's house: :partyguy::banana::Jump::TheWave::PartySmil:

Congratulations.