• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

In need of a tough writing buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa Cox

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hey!

I'm not new to writing -- I've been at it for over ten years -- but I am fairly new to writing anything longer than 10k-words. I've tried writing novels before, but I usually give up after a couple of weeks. It's my chronic laziness' doing!

But I've had an idea for an Urban Fantasy series and I've got that sort of excitement that explodes inside your gut and doesn't go away. I have to write this series -- it'll drive me nuts if I don't give it a go. I've never had this sort of enthusiasm for any other idea and I know this is the "one" for me. I have to do it.

I'm just in the planning stages at the moment and I'm looking for a writing buddy who's just starting out on their own novel. It would be awesome if I could start this journey with some mutual support and some much-needed butt-kicking to stop me from giving in. I know I'll regret it if I give up.

So is there anyone out there who's just starting out on their own novel, who would like someone to chat with throughout the process, to moan with? Someone with whom to share some mutual encouragement and support?

Obviously it would be great if you were in my timezone (GMT) and also writing fantasy, but I'd be greatly appreciative of any writer who steps forward! Just someone willing to kick my butt into gear would be fab. :-D And someone who prefers IM over most other online methods of communication. :)

Get in touch!

Lisa xx

Last edited:

NoelleB

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Lisa - I just completed my first novel and am on submission to agents, definitely looking for new writer friends. Send me a message here or on facebook.

Noelle

Gillian Archer

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Lisa. I'm in a similar boat. I've just started a novel as well. I'm about 10,000 into a contemporary erotic romance (with about 10,000 in my trim pile). I'm fairly new to writing but have been working several months with a mentor I was hooked up with at Divas.

I'm looking for someone to share some mutual encouragement and support. I'm fully prepared to do some a** kicking and motivating as long as it's reciprocal.

I'm in Ireland too :) Any communication would have to be in the evenings or at weekends cause of the day job. Drop me a PM if you'd like to chat more!

Phaedo

a non sequitur
Registered
Reaction score
aw, that's nice, you've found each other.

i already have a writing buddy, but i'm in a desperate need of a rep.

somebody rep me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.