Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisKelly331

Peter Steele <3
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinakelly.webs.com
the review time deadline is coming up soon on full I have out. I'm expecting a reply either Thursday or Friday. If I don't receive one what is a good grace period before I nudge?:Shrug:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Are you talking an exclusive where they gave you a definite "read by" date? If so, then wait a couple of days past the deadline and give them a nudge.

If it's not exclusive and there was no agreed on deadline, then if you haven't been waiting at least 3 months... keep waiting.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I'd wait too--you don't want to nudge them the wrong way.

ChrisKelly331

Peter Steele <3
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Are you talking an exclusive where they gave you a definite "read by" date? If so, then wait a couple of days past the deadline and give them a nudge.

If it's not exclusive and there was no agreed on deadline, then if you haven't been waiting at least 3 months... keep waiting.

The Acquisitions Editor told me it would take 1-2 months. It has been exactly five days past 2 months. Should I still wait an extra month before poking?

theses were her exact words:

I will let you know when our review team finishes with it, it usually takes 1 to 2 months before we give a response

Last edited:

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
"it usually takes" are your key words. It seems like code for "we'll try to get back to you within two months, but we can't always, so we'll contact you when we get to your submission."

JamieFord

giving resonant directions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieford.com
I would nudge. They're not counting the days like you are, they're just looking at a stack of submissions. Nudge away.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
I'd wait a couple weeks past the deadline, which isn't really a deadline, anyhow, given that critical "usually." Then I would nudge very nicely.

With short stories, I never nudge. I have some story subs that have been out there for eleven years. Think I'll be hearing from any of those editors any time soon?

I'm about to sub my latest novel. In preparation for the hard times ahead, I've already started research on my next novel, outlines for sequels to the subbed novel (in case it hits the right nerve and they ask), and some short stories. My plan is to be so busy I forget how long I've been waiting to hear about that novel under consideration.

Luckily there should be a new ladder season in Diablo soon, so I can drown my waiting sorrows there, too. ;)

ChrisKelly331

Peter Steele <3
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Well I poked and Elizabeth let me know the last reviewer has my manuscript and they are having a meeting about it tomorrow, where they will decide whether or not to accept for publication. I will know by Tuesday. I AM (of course) FREAKING OUT.

glad I nudged though.

Status
Not open for further replies.