PDA

View Full Version : Beta swap hunting

ashes2jewels
05-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Hello everyone. I have a WIP nearing the end and am interested in beta swapping. My story is epic fantasy, planning has made it three books and I'm just about done with book one with bits of the others started. I really need someone to help me smooth out the roughness, be unapologetic in their critique yet also willing to help my story shine and most importantly, be as honest and open as the cyber world allows. In return I shall do the same and I definitely hope to establish a friendship no matter where you are in the world. If you are willing to be my reader but are not a fantasy writer, please know I never limit myself to a single genre. I have several projects ranging the genres myself. So bring me your children, YA, horror, sci fi, urban fantasy, literary fiction, romance and westerns manuscripts. I am a bibliophile, bookworm, word geek.

Becky
05-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Hi - I'm not a fantasy writer, but definitley interested. I've just finished a YA romance, and am currently doing some editing to it, but need beta readers. I was just wondering - when would you be wanting your story back by? Just so I know whether I would be able to manage it :)

ashes2jewels
05-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Right now I'm trying to bring book one of a three part series to a close. It's fighting me tooth and nail, refusing to follow the outline I made so long ago. However, I'm totally willing to beta read for you. If you WANT to you can read the first half for me of my story because it seriously needs to be pared down wordwise. I will tell you I am a really fast reader and will first simply read your story with only a few edits and only once I'm done will I take out my read pen and be critical, supportive and encouraging to the best of my ability.

Becky
05-14-2009, 09:07 PM
It'd be great if you'd beta read for me - I just have a few more of my own edits to make before it's ready to be beta-d, but that shouldn't take to long. If you want me to read the first half of yours I'd like to, but just to warn you I'm in the middle of exam season, so whilst I read really fast it may take me a little longer than usual!

ashes2jewels
05-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Sounds good. I'll pm my email to you. As soon as I get done converting my 'script over to new courier and italics within changed to underlines, I'll shoot you it. In the mean time, pass me your ms and keep your head above water during your exams, k?

ashes2jewels
05-14-2009, 11:25 PM
I assure anyone else reading this thread, I am still willing to do other beta reads. I am a housemom that looks forward to these kind of projects to break the monotony.

;)

Becky
05-15-2009, 04:49 PM
That's great, thanks! I got your PM - I'll email you the full ms in a few days, just got some edits to finish before anyone reads it.

darthhalos
05-22-2009, 01:05 AM
I'd love to take a crack at your manuscript. I'm just about to finish up another beta (should be done tonight), and then I'll have plenty of free time. I usually work through betas with a chapter-by-chapter analysis, and I'm sure I could help with anything specific that you need looked at. If you're still up for doing another beta yourself, I'd appreciate you taking a read through my urban fantasy, as I need all the opinions I can get.
PM me if you're interested. :)