Website
www.amazon.com
threestooges.jpg

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice pic of the original Stooges, Ray, but did you follow the link and check out the cast?

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Nice pic of the original Stooges, Ray, but did you follow the link and check out the cast?

Yes, that's why the Stooges were shocked!

(I've heard about the casting for a couple of months. But they were just reporting Carrey in talks of playing Curly. Nothing specific)

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, that's why the Stooges were shocked!
Ha! Gotcha! (runs diagnostic on own funnybone)

I can't believe SP is going to play Larry. Well, I can believe he's capable of doing an awesome job, but to actually sign on ... the script must be really, really good. In which case, this could be a really, really good movie.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, but I loathe the Three Stooges.

I once read an article which discussed the difference between men and women could be summed up by 3 Stooges: Men usually loved them, women usually found them just stupid.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good link, princess. I agree with what that person said about the older article showing that it's not looking promising as far as being faithful to the original stooges. Since that was 2005, anyone who is a fan can only hope the script has changed in the interim.

Jodi ... I used to love the Stooges when I was a kid, but I grew out of it. Now they seem silly to me. What has me truly surprised is seeing Sean Penn slated to play Larry, and Benicio Del Toro as Moe.

Last edited:

princessvessna

Garden Geek Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Website
treesandshrubs.about.com
No, from what I've heard, it's still being turned into a Farrelly Brothers Pee/Fart/Etc whatever. For example, I believe they are re-doing the "Oysters Spitting Out Water in the Soup" as "Babies peeing all over". (somehow, I heard that explained but I can't picture how it will be) Stuff like that.

I guess Im just a strange gal, since I still like them :D

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, if they're going to replace slapstick with gross-out ... bleah. That makes it all the harder to comprehend Penn and Del Toro signing on, if they've actually signed contracts.

princessvessna

Garden Geek Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Website
treesandshrubs.about.com
Ok, that was said in this 2005 article. I got it a bit mixed up. Hopefully indeed they've changed their minds.
http://movies.ign.com/articles/675/675903p1.html

Surprisingly, Farrelly says there will be no pies, but promises plenty of gross out humor in place. "There's no pies. We have no pies in it. You know, we tried to get away from, but there's that kind of thing… There's a famous scene in The Three Stooges, and they did it in about five episodes, where they're eating chowder and there's a clam [makes a noise] squirting them in the face. Well we didn't want to do that very thing… At one point, they're in a hospital and they're trying to get to somebody, so they dress up like nurses, and they're running through the thing and somebody's trying to get them, so they duck into the nursery. And they're standing there, you know, 'Come on, get to work. Look busy!' And they start acting like they know what they're doing and, as they're changing babies, you know. [Pee] starts hitting them in the face, the babies. So one of them laughs, so the other one picks up the baby, squeezes [the baby] and [squish] and they have a baby fight, you know? (Laughs) Finally someone turns the baby around, a big missile comes out. (Laughs) It's the same idea, but we've hopefully made it a little grosser."

S.C. Denton

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Sounds like they're going to screw up another classic. I love the slapstick aspect of The Three Stooges, but having watched them a lot lately on HULU, I realized something else: The show was masterfully written & "the boys" were truly gifted actors.

Their comedic timing was impeccable. The jokes meant strictly for adults were perfectly paced, in reflection to the jokes some would consider immature.

I can understand someone who doesn't like comedy not liking the boys, but other than that... I think they just aren't opening their heart. It's a shame really.

Truth is stranger than fiction, Judgy Wudgy--Curly.