Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Yes!

My third fallout 3 thread.

Previously, I talked about the DLC...content you pay for. And I was pretty blown away.

BUT THEN!

I found this website called Fallout Nexus.

And it has a MASSIVE collection of fan made modifications for Fallout 3.

For the PC version, of course.

Which is why buying a console version of a Bethesda game is, was, and always has been a HORRIBLE IDEA!

Here is a top 50 list that will get you Wastelanders started: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/top.php

My personal favorite actually has its own website. And by god, is it amazing:

www.fo3settler.webs.com

Enjoy! And share any mods that you've either found (and are amazing) or have made yourself.

There IS a modding kit, remember, called (appropriately enough), the G.E.C.K

and it can be gotten at the Fallout Nexus website as well:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=759

And now, as a final and very mature note, I shall point at all my friends who own the X-box version of Fallout 3...

AND POINT AND LAUGH!

simpsons_nelson_haha-1.jpg

Dommo

On Mac's double secret probation.
Registered
Reaction score
That RTS mod is pretty wild. I'll definitely check it out after it goes through beta, as an RTS based on fallout could be pretty interesting(although it'd be TRULY epic if they could make it more "sim city" like)

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
I also felt the same way as you do for games. But now, after spending a lot of time behind my computer (writing/working), I love being able to kick back on my lounger and play and enjoy on my widescreen HDTV.

It's a whole new experience. And while I don't disagree about the mods etc, it's a tradeoff I can live with.

But Fallout 3 is the shiznitt, regardless of what platform you play it on I'm pretty hard to please, but this game has pretty much won me and convinced me it's the best game yet. The list is endless and I might one day start a thread on it, if not here then somewhere. That's how good it is.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
You do know you can hook your PC up to a widescreen AND play with an X-box controller?

Now, I just got FLESH MELTING PLASMA!

Basically, in the first fallout, when you killed someone, their skin melted off, their blackened skeleton stood there for a few seconds, then fell down.

Well, now, with this mod...if you crit someone with plasma, they turn green and collapse into ooze...but they also leave a ragdoll skeleton behind.

It looks rather like Mars Attacks, actually.

Its morbidly hilarious, and all together awesome.

Sarpedon

Banned
Reaction score
I just played one called "Butcher Pete's Meat" in which you go around collecting human flesh for the eponymous character to sell to the pampered denizens of Tenpenny Tower.

I must say I'm disturbed by how much fun I had with it. Though I bet if I played it without the 'sack of holding' mod, I would have found it tedious.

Dommo

On Mac's double secret probation.
Registered
Reaction score
One thing I wish fallout 3 had, was a larger soundtrack. While I loved the songs(especially butcher pete, which is amazingly racy considering when it was made), I truly wish it had about 4 or 5 times as many songs.

Sarpedon

Banned
Reaction score
There are plenty of mods that add new songs, or even entire new radio stations.

Apparently, bethesda planned on having Tennpenny tower have its own radio station. So some modder found Tenpenny's amusing rants and added the songs from the Vault 101's station (which you can't hear once you leave, anyway) and viola! new radio station.

Status
Not open for further replies.