An Agent Requested My Full Manuscript!

jonereb

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so excited. This is a first for me. I've had agents request partials, a few chapters, etc...but this is the first time the full manuscript has been requested. Any advice?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck. And brace for the roller coaster, cuz either way you'll be sky high or dipping low at some point ;)

dawinsor

Dorothy A. Winsor
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Send it right quick, but don't stop querying unless the agent asked for an exclusive.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif
smiley-happy096.gif
poze.gif

Angkor

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Out of approximately 50 queries for my novel, so far I've gotten requests for four fulls and three partials. Two of the fulls were rejected with no explanation, though I chalk it up to agent-genre mismatch as much as anything. Two of the fulls are pending, as are the partials.

I've never used recreational drugs, but I can relate to someone who uses uppers and downers. When your entire ego is on the line, a steady hand on the emotional rudder is in order!

Last edited:

Manix

Mutatis mutandis
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome! Advice: Send it out right quick, but double, triple check everything first;)

jonereb

Registered
Reaction score
I got the painful news yesterday. She liked it, but... Here's the agent's email to me:

Thanks for your patience while I read NAME OF NOVEL. I like the story here, but I don’t think it’s for me – I tend to go for more literary novels, even when they’re YA novels, and I don’t know the commercial fiction market well enough to judge what works and what doesn’t. But I’m sure another agent will feel differently (or at least give you more helpful advice than I can), and I wish you the best in your search for representation.

jonereb

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Calla. I have a few more partials out there. Maybe I'll get lucky.