Hey aren't you...????

Sharonb423

Registered
Reaction score
I'm checking into a hotel earlier this week and the woman at the desk looks up at me (I was having a very good hair day, and face day too) and says "You know who you look just like?"

"Probably but go ahead"

"Reece Witherspoon"

"Yeah I get that a lot"

Of course she looks down at my driver's license, up at me and, of course has to ask "But you're not, right?"

Hee, hee... no, I'm not. And not even close if you ask me. However Jake Glynhallal (or however you write his name) did visit my hotel room later that same night, but that's another story...

So which famous person do you resemble?

ps, someday Reece Witherspoon will be checking into a hotel and the conversation will go something like

"You know who you look just like?"

"I know, Reece Witherspoon, right?"

"No, actually Sharon K, the author. But you're not, right?"

oh yeaaaahhhhh

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I signed autographs once as John Ritter. I've been told that a lot. I hated it when I was younger because he played a gay man on a sitcom. Then I started to think for myself, dumped the planted seeds of hate, and I didn't care.

I told these people that I wasn't him but they insisted that I was so I just signed their Playbills.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
I once had a very sweet guy tell me I looked like Bjork - who he happened to have a ginormous crush on. Then again, there was the (hunky as in Will Smith hunky) copy repair guy who kept saying I looked like Bernadette Peters....

Sharonb423

Registered
Reaction score
John Ritter played a straight guy who played a gay guy, so it's ok Wayne...

Bernadette Peters? She's pretty but in an annoying way... to me anyway. Wouldn't it suck to be compared to someone you thought was incredibly unattractive?

Now that Will Smith look-a-like, I'll be needing his number, I do believe I have a copy machine that needs some uh, adjusting... lol

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I don't mean to be the ass who asks for a pic but...

Hey, can you post a pic?

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I was once told I look like John Holmes by a woman who couldn't see my face from where she was positioned.

Strange....

roonil_wazlib

Smile.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
earlymorningfog.tumblr.com
In high school, my friends insisted I looked like Mena Suvari. But only because my eyes are big, you see (um . . . what?).

I was told recently that, if I cut my hair short and had short fringe, I would be the spitting image of German actress Felicitas Woll. When I mentioned the fact that my nose looked nothing like hers, I was told 'Well, you both have big eyes and you both look German.'

So I guess I look like any actress with big eyes, as long as you ignore the rest of my face.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
So I guess I look like any actress with big eyes, as long as you ignore the rest of my face.
Is this you?

Shrek_2_Cat-eyes_L-01.jpg

Cybernaught

Decker
Registered
Reaction score
Brian O'Halloran. My friend showed him a picture and said, "Doesn't this guy look like you?" to which he replied, "Yes."

:cry:

Sharonb423

Registered
Reaction score
My avatar is my pic, I just happened to dress like the Hamburglar that day. Or he frequently dresses like me, either way.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, this thread reminds me of that timeless joke:

Dude 1: What was that actress? The one who cut herself? Reese...something...Reese...?
Dude 2: Witherspoon?
Dude 1: No! With her knife! Yuk yuk yuk.

I'll be here all week.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
People say I look like a cross of Flipper and Lassie.... I usually sign autographs with salt water before I bark at them that Timmy's in the well... again. (And maybe they should leave him there this time, since he keeps falling into the durn thing.)

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Back when I was a blonde: Daryl Hannah. Probably just because we're both enormously tall (we're the same height).

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I won't hate you because you're beautiful but for only 10 minutes.

I look like the late Mona Lise. See my profile. Only I have eyebrows. They used to be caterpillars.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I look like the late Mona Lise. See my profile. Only I have eyebrows. They used to be caterpillars.

:roll: OMG, there are some similarities there. lol

I used to get people saying I liked like Superman in high school. (Christopher Reeve, I guess?)

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I don't look like anyone, apparently. Although I do get this a lot: "You know, you look so much like... man, I can't put my finger on it... you totally look like this actress..." Oh, right, and, "Do I know you? You look so familiar."

So apparently my face is in the public consciousness. I am... Generic Actress!

While I was growing up, however, I was used to people telling my mom she looked just like Audrey Hepburn every time we went anywhere public.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I was once told I look like Elizabeth Taylor in her prime, when I was in my prime, but I soooooo don't look like her. Just wish I did. :D

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I was once told I look like Elizabeth Taylor in her prime, when I was in my prime, but I soooooo don't look like her. Just wish I did. :D
Elizabeth Taylor doesn't look like Elizabeth Taylor in her prime now either. I'd be willing to bet you look better than she does right now.

Spring

Little Miss Sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I used to get Brooke Shields years ago. Now? Not so much. I also used to get a forgotten actress named Meredith Salenger. My take on these two women and myself is that we all have dark hair, large eyes, and strong jaws. That's about it.
Oh, and I suppose I have big eyebrows, too - like Brooke used to have.