PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Beta Reader for Women's Fiction Project

Vermilion
05-12-2009, 06:42 AM
Hi all,

I have been lurking around in this site for a couple of weeks now before I decided to sign up. It's a great resources for writers, I especially love that Background Checks forum!

Well I have submitted my work (first few chapters) to a publisher that told me 'You do write well; it’s just that the story is rather dull and the writing is bland.'. He did say that I could re-submit my manuscript after some edit/rewrite.

So here I am looking for a willing and experienced beta reader, preferably someone that could offer me constructive criticisms (you can be as harsh as you want, just as long as they are constructive - that means don't just tell me I suck) so that I could maybe rework on some of the chapters. I do realize that my beginning chapters may be weak which could pose a major problem as agents usually ask for the first 3 chapters.

Thus if you would be willing to read my manuscript (it can just be the first five or ten chapters, or if you like it enough you could request for the whole manuscript), let me know!

I am willing to offer to be your beta reader in return, that is if you accept a newbie beta reader like me.

Thanks!

GENRE: FICTION
SUB-GENRE: WOMEN'S FICTION featuring multi-cultural characters (specifically Chinese)
FEEDBACK: Constructive and detailed; may offer guidelines and tips.
CREDENTIALS: None required, but preferably with experience.

Since this is highly subjective, I prefer to work with more than three readers. I can be your beta reader in exchange. I am not an experienced beta reader, but I do read a lot.
I prefer if your work is in the Women's Fiction/Horror/Fantasy genre.

Ms.rachel
05-12-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm not a seasoned beta reader, but I'm an English teacher ...if that makes the grade feel free to send it over. I'll do a line by line at least on the first few chapters.

Cheers,

Rachel

Vermilion
05-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks Rachel, I'll send you a PM.

Still looking for more volunteers :D