my children suck

wannawrite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kcwildwood.net
So. Today is Mother's Day, and I am a good mom. Probably not the best in the world, but I try. NEVER has a day gone by when my children have not known that they were loved. Sure, I make mistakes, but I'm there, you know? Heart, mind, body and soul, I am in the game.

The little &^%*$ totally forgot Mother's Day. NOoo...that's not quite right. Because I was sitting next to my sister yesterday when she texted my youngest to remind her that today was Mother's Day. And said youngest happened to convieniently be in town at the time (which I had, of course, arranged), with money in her pocket (which I had, of course, also arranged), when she recieved the text. Meaning, of course, that my dearest daughter had to have actively CHOSEN not to get me anything for Mother's Day. Actively chosen. And yes, before anyone thinks otherwise, she still had the $ on her when my sis texted her. *sigh* I don't know why I was stupid enough to think that she would choose to get me a card over blowing her money on a cherry slurpee.

Oh, and let's not forget the other daughter. The college student. The one that I send 'care packages' to every other week. The one that has not gone a single day of her college career needing anything, because I have worked two jobs to be sure of it. No card from her, either, and even less of an excuse. She walks past drug stores and post offices daily, on her way back and forth to class. Am I worthy of a card? Apparently not.

And so, having spewed forth my outraged venom on you fine people, I find that I feel much better. The mods can feel free to kill this thread now, if they wish. Or, this can turn into a forum to discuss just how very, very disappointing our offspring can sometimes be, for those of us that have them. I really don't care. I am going to go and take a long, hot bubble bath now, and try to recall WHY, exactly, did I decide to have children in the first place?

I should have stuck with dogs. At least they are faithful.

Yours, truly

Reaction score
Just stop doing all your parent stuff and see how they like it then.

Reason no. #2,493,284 why I will never have kids.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Oh, and let's not forget the other daughter. The college student. The one that I send 'care packages' to every other week. The one that has not gone a single day of her college career needing anything, because I have worked two jobs to be sure of it.

I have some cousins like this. You'd be surprised how quickly they start remembering things like cards and saying "thank you" as soon as the good stuff stops. I'd be ringing your daughter to inform her it's time for her to support herself from now on, if I were you. Your efforts will be much more appreciated when she learns how much effort it takes. :)

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Stop bending over backwards for them and they'll start bending forwards in remembrance. I'm sorry you're kids are such assholes (today).

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That bites, wanna. Here's a poem for you, :Cake: & :popcorn: :Guitar: and did I say :Cake:? :)

Roses are red
Violets are blue.
Who's a super Mom,
Of course, it's YOU!

Don't fret. We're here for you. (((((((((((HUGS)))))).

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'd be beyond upset. Here, have some :e2flowers

som1luvsmi

My brother loves me thiiis much! :)
Registered
Reaction score
About a block away from the nuthouse...they've sta
Website
randomlyabstract.blogspot.com
I'm so sorry. I'm with the others who say to let them fend for themselves for a while and see how they like it. At any rate, at least this mom says you're doing a great job. Happy Mother's Day, wannawrite! As Susie would say, (((((HUGS)))))

Last edited:

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Mothers' Day. And sorry your kids are being wretched. If it's any consolation, at those ages, their boyfriends might forget their birthdays the exact same way!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
(((((((((((((((((((((((((YOU))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear your special day was an unhappy one, ww. But you know how kids are: It's not that they don't love us, but they simply don't think straight sometimes and worry more about themselves than anything, or anyone, else. It's been like that, well, forever...

Under threats of sever pain and possible body dismemberment, I made damn sure my kids knew they should acknowledge their mom today with cards and token gifts. Woe be to them if they had forgotten or blew her off.

The same holds true for their mom's birthday. I shouldn't have to remind them, and they may have remembered on their own, but it's never worth the risk of hurting their mother.

My youngest boy, who's fifteen now, wrote, "I love you, Mom. Happy Birthday!"

I let that gaff slide, since he did select the card all on his own. :)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I have this to say, wannawrite...

I never look forward to Mother's Day because it usually sucks. I'm a good mom but my kids usually don't give me anything, not even a card. And my husband doesn't give me a card because, as he puts it: You're not my mom.

So this year I decided to do whatever I wanted to do for the day. My sister and I went to see a movie. I had a great time and the hell with everybody else!

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...And my husband doesn't give me a card because, as he puts it: You're not my mom...
My brother said that to his wife once at a family gathering. Everyone stared at him as if he'd just landed from another planet, even our mother.

He said, "What? You think I'm kidding?"

No one else said anything, and eventually the subject was changed. But from that day forward, a wedge was forced between my mom and his wife that, even many years later, has never budged.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The interesting thing is that they do actually make cards for Mother's Day that say TO MY WIFE on Mother's Day. From a husband to his wife.

The kind of sentiment that says the guy appreciates what a good mother his wife is to the kids.

Hmm. Am I on to something here?

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
sorry Wanna write. Especially as I am sitting here with my hubby whose mother died in Jan and he's trying to not think about how much he misses her.

Sending virtual HUGS! To you to Kathy.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
The interesting thing is that they do actually make cards for Mother's Day that say TO MY WIFE on Mother's Day. From a husband to his wife.

The kind of sentiment that says the guy appreciates what a good mother his wife is to the kids.

Hmm. Am I on to something here?

Exactly. I don't understand why some guys are so stubborn about refusing to show a little appreciation. I mean, this is the mother of his children and the woman he loves (we hope!). I just don't get it.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Kids suck, especially when someone has already reminded them. There's no reason for them to not at least get a card or something. I agree, seems like they deliberately "forgot."

I agree that you either feel bitter about it, or you forgive and forget. How you react depends on you. The kids suck, big time. But you don't have to let it ruin your day.

And yeah, stop sending them care packages. They're not kids anymore. They're adults. My mom stopped sending me stuff the minute I went to college.... 10,000 miles away.

I agree with this... once you stop being the "24-hour mom" and stop spoiling them, they may actually appreciate you more.

I must say, I never missed one Mother's Day. Not once. And I'm not a very good son. ;)

Happy Mother's Day everyone.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
Daughters go through a miraculous change at some point between 18 and 21. They suddenly stop being difficult, and realize how much they love you. It's universal.

My bad phase lasted a year, and then I spent the consecutive 15 years apologizing to my mom for being an awful teenager.

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
As a teenager, I know kids my age tend to be horribly self-centered. I asked my boyfriend what he was doing for Mother's day, to which he replied "nothing." I was kinda... annoyed. I told him to go home, sent him away from my house and he told me he went to spend the day with his friend. I wanted to smack him.

I have his mom on facebook. Both my boyfriend and his brother weren't even at the house for Mother's day. I felt bad for her.

-hugs- Hope your day gets better. We all appreciate you here. I'd send you a card if I could.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
My brother said that to his wife once at a family gathering. Everyone stared at him as if he'd just landed from another planet, even our mother.

He said, "What? You think I'm kidding?"

:eek: If my husband EVER said anything like that I'd turn around and say, "Oh really? Then why do I spend my time picking up after you, doing your laundry, and making your lunches?" And then he'd be doing that himself from then on. :)

kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
My kids kinda did me the same way.

I always tell them, when they "apologize", if you can't act like you love me when I'm alive then, when I'm dead, you're not invited to the funeral because I don't want you coming and putting on a big show for everyone.

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
W.W. First let me say that I feel for you, I'm a father of three lovely children that I refer to as Dickheads. Well, currently one Dickhead, one brain dead, and one idiot. That could change by the end of this post. A small piece of advice, do as I did on my birthday two years ago and call your children tomorrow. Go into great detail how wonderful the day had been without hearing from them as you were able to tell all your friends and even post on the INTERNET that you in fact have shitheads for kids who don't have the common decency to acknowledge their parent on a special day.
Since my phone call to the little buggers, 26/27/29 years old respectively, not one has missed so much as a groundhog day to celebrate with their dear old man. Little Bastards.