Help! 2 page synopsis question

EzraHoliday

Agent of Chaos
Registered
Reaction score
Got my very first request for a partial, asking for the first 50 pages and a 2 page synopsis (and author bio). Woo! Go me! I know, I know, I'll probably have a few of these before a hit, but it's exciting being the first one.

BUT!

Questions for you, O' masses of the water cooler.

1. Got this answered by pouring through posts here, especially the synopsis guide by Andrew Jameson

2, Author bio. I, uh, literally have -0- published, no degrees or credits. I'm a former roleplaying geek who made collaborative stories with people for a decade, but that doesn't translate well to paper. What is the agent asking for?

-One excited Ezra

Last edited:

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Your "bio" sounds just like mine. :D

If you don't have any pub credits, just give a few sentences about yourself, highlighting anything that relates to the subject of your novel. For mine (urban fantasy), I mentioned that I was a lifelong fan of paranormal/horror films and novels, and my college major/concentration.

Credits are nice to have, but agents don't require them, and often expect that you don't have any.

EzraHoliday

Agent of Chaos
Registered
Reaction score
Your "bio" sounds just like mine. :D

If you don't have any pub credits, just give a few sentences about yourself, highlighting anything that relates to the subject of your novel. For mine (urban fantasy), I mentioned that I was a lifelong fan of paranormal/horror films and novels, and my college major/concentration.

Credits are nice to have, but agents don't require them, and often expect that you don't have any.

Yeah I came up with something strikingly similar.

I'm actually not as excited as I was before. Did a check on the agent in question and -- well, I'm not thrilled anymore.

Ah well, back to the waiting game.