What are you doing for Mother's Day?

pjlove51

Precious Momma
Registered
Reaction score
My son is on tour with his band (I am Ghost) and my daughter lives 500 miles away, so my sister said she'd entertain me. I think she said Steaks, otherwise I wouldn't be doing anything. Happy Mothers Day.!!

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
i will be taking my kids to the zoo. we do that once a year so that they can visit their real mother.

darrtwish

Registered
Reaction score
I bought my mom an iPod case, new headphones and one of her favourite movies. My dad bought us girls gym memberships (she's been meaning to sign us up for a couple years now) so we're going to the gym tomorrow!

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
I'm working. Of the 24-hour period that is Mother's Day, I'll have 4 hours at home - the rest commuting and working.

Which is entirely my mom's fault, because she forced me to be born into non-royalty.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing, if I have any say in it.

Oh, wait, it's MY day.

So it's final: Nothing. I will be doing nothing.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
Probably church in the morning, something for lunch, sleeping the rest of the day. I've already sent my mother in law flowers from us. My pups snuggle and love on me anyway, so that's about it. I have no kids of my own, just my puppies, and my mother passed away ten years ago.

som1luvsmi

My brother loves me thiiis much! :)
Registered
Reaction score
About a block away from the nuthouse...they've sta
Website
randomlyabstract.blogspot.com
For all the mom's out there. This is a poem my mom wrote for her mom back in 1968.

When I was young and full of smarts
and older than my years,
Anyway those were my thoughts,
very straight, perfectly clear.

Anyone could see that I
was such a darling child.
Compared to me,dripping honey
was very, very mild.

When I grow up, I'm going to be
the sweetest Mother ever.
I'll never scold, never spank,
never need a lever.

"Why, Mama," I said, "my kids are
going to be every bit as good as me!"
And Mama smiled. "Yes," said she,
"I'll wait to see how it's going to be."

Now, tomorrow is Mother's Day, and
here I am with three.
But Mama, stop that smiling,
they really aren't like me!

They yell, they fight,
they drive me wild, and I
was such a darling child!

Now Mama, stop that smiling.
It's hard to be the greatest ever.
Oh dear, there they go again,
Now, where did I put that lever.
The scary thing is- I've said those exact words to my mom. But this was written before I was born. I really was the model child. :D I have no idea how my children got this way. It must come from their dad. ;) BTW, we're barbecuing.

Last edited:

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Mom was accident to begin with and her folks never really let her forget it, so it shouldn’t have been a surprise to learn she lost her virginity at 13, and got tossed out of the house six months pregnant a month short of her 15th birthday.

If it wasn’t for the Internet I probably would have completely lost touch with my five half-siblings, of course I call them that as a general term, not to say that there was wedlock involved, but sometimes there was. Usually a couple of us try to get together for the Holiday.

Step-Steven (he’s number 5) and I live the closest to each other. This year we’re going over there for a lunch in his back yard. Chances are the two of us will probably drink to much, just as we were taught to do. We’ll get goofy sentimental remembering all the good times and avoid talking about her choice of men. We’ll probably skip over the institution stories and her self-medication period as well. Hopefully I’ll remember to warn Crystal (Steven’s wife) to hide the keys to the Harley this year so we can keep that whole ‘doughnuts in the graveyard’ thing hush-hush. Other than that, I got nothing planned…

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I will be going to church and then to the first birthday of a college friend's baby. I've already discharged my duty to both mother and mother in law by sending them cards informing them that they will soon be grandmas. I am pretty sure that present was sufficient. :)

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
Staying with parents and helping mom with house works.

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
My mom is deceased, so I'll probably just hang out at home, maybe do some writing, until I have to get ready for work. I have one show at 7 at a Turkish restaurant, then the hubby and kids and I are going out for a late dinner at an Indian restaurant.

penny manning

Alive and Kicking
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.silkcitygirlcrafts.blogspot.com
I'm going to take a Barbie doll and pretend its my Mother (and for Father's Day, I have a Ken doll for Pops) and I'm going to find long hat pins (that should really hurt) and for each mean thing she did to me (like ignoring me, letting me live in filth when SHE had a perfectly good apartment in a decent neighborhood) I'm going to jab the pin into her heart real good and twist it around like Chubby Checker and call her names like Dumb B*tch, Selfish Pig, Greedy Fortune Seeker (actually those are rather nice names) then I'm going to yank her hair out strand by painful strand, stab her in the eyes like Bateman in American Psycho and pull an arm out of the socket and stomp on her and grab her by the legs and slam her up and down on the floor (my neighbor will wonder WTF I'm doing) and give her a leg drop and an elbow drop (I'll have to aim carefully) then a piledriver (that should snap her head off) then I'll pick up the pieces and toss the rest of her in the oven until crispy (or until the smoke alarm sounds, whichever is sooner). May she rest in hell.

Now, how many "ands" did I use? Haha.

Happy Mommy's day to everyone else! :e2flowers

Last edited:

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ignoring it.

and feeling remarkably guiltfree about it

so

Nyah.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
We're having Joe's birthday party tonight here at the house.

They tell me it draws from twenty to 500 people every year. There'll be a band and a grill and I'm making my world reknowned lasagna. (double ricotta and double mozzarella[the real stuff] is the key)

I think 500 people will use this party as a way of getting out the door on whatever they have planned.

So I guess my answer to the original question is: I'll be getting drunk.

Reaction score
I'm going to take a Barbie doll and pretend its my Mother (and for Father's Day, I have a Ken doll for Pops) and I'm going to find long hat pins (that should really hurt) and for each mean thing she did to me (like ignoring me, letting me live in filth when SHE had a perfectly good apartment in a decent neighborhood) I'm going to jab the pin into her heart real good and twist it around like Chubby Checker and call her names like Dumb B*tch, Selfish Pig, Greedy Fortune Seeker (actually those are rather nice names) then I'm going to yank her hair out strand by painful strand, stab her in the eyes like Bateman in American Psycho and pull an arm out of the socket and stomp on her and grab her by the legs and slam her up and down on (my neighbor will wonder WTF I'm doing) and then throw her on the floor and give her a leg drop and an elbow drop (I'll have to aim carefully) then a piledriver (that should snap her head off) then I'll pick up the pieces and toss the rest of her in the oven until crispy (or until the smoke alarm sounds, whichever is sooner). May she rest in hell.

Now, how many "ands" did I use? Haha.

Happy Mommy's day to everyone else! :e2flowers

Borders are selling Voodoo dolls now if you're interested.

askcb

If in doubt, mumble
Registered
Reaction score
My husband is TDY but he sent a gift (haven't gotten the okay to open it yet but he's a great gift giver so I'm excited), and my kids, 7 and 3, made my coffee this morning (it was perfect!) and brought me a bowl of cereal and 4 pancakes drowned in syrup in bed. Plus some random kids crafts that were made in school. It was very sweet.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Going to my grandmother's house for lunch shortly. Then going to see Star Trek with my mom and my aunt. After that, gotta come home and put the finishing touches on my final essay for one of my classes.

Should be fun, except for the essay part. :)

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Today is my annual day to remind my mom how horrible a son I am.