How would you interpret this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowOwl

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
I'm interested in the Ned Leavitt Agency, but their submissions guidelines are confusing to me.

I get the impression from these guidelines that I can go ahead and put my proposal in the mail without courting them with the query first. Is this a fair assessment?

Thanks, guys.

WriteRead

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
dan-skies.blogspot.com
Yours is a correct assessment, not only fair.

To repeat the requests, they state (all bold are mine, D):

All submissions should include an author bio and a self addressed stamped envelope (the famous SASE, D)

For NF - a cover letter (not query, as you aptly understood, D) a table of contents, a brief chapter synopsis or outline (not a synopsis of the bk, this is why they say "or outline", D), and one or two sample chapters.

Further, they explain why the scarce requests, vs the more elaborated and demanding others: "We don’t really need long marketing analyses – it’s the writing that tells us what we need to know. So don’t spend a lot of time writing “about” the book – send us pieces of the book itself." et voila, there you have an easy life w them and w a pinch of good luck, you're "agented", which is a very good thing to be for a writer.

Dan

DonnaReed

Registered
Reaction score
Is this a reputable agency?

It looks as if it may be promising for my proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.