PDA

View Full Version : High School Behavior! Ah!

Elwolf
05-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Do you guys have any funny stories about something you or someone you know did--or how they acted--in high school? I know that sentence probably did not make any sense whatsoever, but oh well.

I thought of this because someone out in the hall after we got back from lunch just howled. Howled! Like a wolf! That would be okay, if it was actually coming from a real wolf, not from a supposedly mature high school boy.

Any stories? Come on, you know you wanna share...:e2brows:

KTC
05-08-2009, 09:22 PM
This is a thread for Office Party.

Elwolf
05-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Oops. I can never get that right! I am going to continue to try, though.

Sorry! :(

Elwolf
05-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Hey, um, how do you move threads to the proper forum? :D

DeleyanLee
05-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Hey, um, how do you move threads to the proper forum? :D

We don't. Mods do.

Wayne K
05-08-2009, 09:42 PM
I didn't go to high school.

shakeysix
05-08-2009, 09:42 PM
hey--i'm teaching in a high school. this is the seniors last day and they are goofy. we call it senioritis. one kid keeps raising his hand in class. when i call on him, he says "mrs. smith, i won't be here on monday." the first three times it was funny. wolf howls? they have been wolf and coyote howling since last week. like a fool i showed them the song "werewolves of london" on you tube. and speedy gonzalez. i thought it would calm them down. my own damn fault--s6

archerjoe
05-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Some kids in my high school used to pretend to ride motorcycles in the hallways. They held their arms up and made throttle-twisting motions while imitating the sound of an enduro or dirt bike. They would pretend to burn rubber by running in place and sprint down the hallway. One day, one of these idiots ran around a corner and collided with one of the staff. He got up from the floor, pretended to kick-start the motorcycle, "revved" the engine and ran down the hallway full throttle.

My brother witnessed one of the football players carrying two of these guys down the hallway, feet off the ground, dangling by the waistband of their underwear. They had given up on the motorcycle noises and moved on to mewling about their crushed testicles.

misslissy
05-08-2009, 09:54 PM
I thought of this because someone out in the hall after we got back from lunch just howled. Howled! Like a wolf! That would be okay, if it was actually coming from a real wolf, not from a supposedly mature high school boy.

Does anybody else see a problem with this sentence?

High school boys are very seldom even supposedly mature. Same goes for most college guys as well.

Wayne K
05-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Brian Johnson: I'm a fu**ing idiot 'cause I can't make a lamp?
John Bender: No, you're a genius 'cause you can't make a lamp.
Brian Johnson: What do you know about trigonometry?
John Bender: I could care less about trigonometry.
Brian Johnson: Bender, did you know without trigonometry there would be no engineering?
John Bender: Without lamps there'd be no light.

shakeysix
05-08-2009, 09:59 PM
these kids have been "nailing" the faculty. in a crowded cafeteria or gym one of them will call out a teacher's first name. "hey, shannon!" naturally i turn around and all the kids are keeping a straight face, so i can't tell which one did it. so i've been nailed! it's kind of like russian roulette--if they do get caught calling a teacher by name it will be lights out. on the other hand, it's pretty hard to prove. annoying but funny. i'd be pissed about it, but i did it myself as a senior---s6 PS--if you are a kid don't try this unless you are fast on your feet!

Kitty Pryde
05-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Yes, senior year brings out the best in everyone. We had a guy who streaked naked through a crowd with his genitals painted school colors and '2001' painted on his butt, spraying silly string on everyone. Whom he recruited to paint numbers on his butt I shall always wonder.

I remember we used to endlessly beg our senior history teacher for food (I have no idea why) and he would always give us some, but never enough to go around (like, 2 snickers bars for a class of 30 kids). And, in the same class, wait for our suck-up friend to give some long-winded suck-up-ish answer, and then covertly throw skittles at the back of her head to distract her.

My friend gave me a big old summer sausage for my birthday. It was somehow hilarious at the time. Much MORE hilarious was slipping the sausage into people's backpacks in AP Biology, and then waiting for it to be discovered.

On stage at graduation someone pulled out a very large balloon and began batting around up on stage (where all the seniors were sitting). But it was no ordinary balloon, it was a balloon imprinted with various outlandish sexual positions (like a kama-sutra sort of a thing). We were getting more and more amused and rowdy, and then an english teacher dashed onto the stage, popped it with a pin, and stormed backstage.

dgiharris
05-08-2009, 10:14 PM
High school boys are very seldom even supposedly mature. Same goes for most college guys as well.

ummm... we never mature. Best we can accomplish is to pretend to be mature or get better at masking our immaturity.

In high school and college, one of the funny things we used to do is give each other Turkey Shots.

What is a turkey shot?

Well, it is when a guy hits another guy in the nuts.

There is an ettiquette to the turkey shot, I mean you don't just walk down the hall racking guys in the Johnson.

Usually, the Turkey shot is best performed in proper situations in which laughter would be most inappropriate (hence making laughter that much more likely :)

Similarly, the turkey shot is not a full on 'whack' to the boys below. It is more of a 'tap' with just enough force to compel the receiver to bend at the waist while illiciting the automatic reflex of self preservation and grabbing himself in a protective manner.

You can see a demonstration of the Turkey Shot in the movie Super Bad, the scene were they are chugging beers. Incidentally, that turkey shot was not in the script, the actors just added it as a spur of the moment thing.

Mel...

misslissy
05-08-2009, 10:18 PM
ummm... we never mature. Best we can accomplish is to pretend to be mature or get better at masking our immaturity.

Shhh. I'm still in college and still holding out hope. Don't crush my dreams!

KTC
05-08-2009, 10:18 PM
bless you, wayne, for quoting BC. (-;

I once fed acid to an ostrich during a class field trip. Does that count?

(talk about burying its head in the sand. it was the strangest thing.)

misslissy
05-08-2009, 10:20 PM
We had these guys cross dress as the lunch ladies with fake boobs and everything

And the lunch ladies actually let them help serve lunch - that was the most bizarre part.

Wayne K
05-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Jefferson's Brother: My brother's gonna kill us! He's gonna kill us! He's gonna kill you and he's gonna kill me, he's gonna kill us!
Jeff Spicoli: Hey man, just be glad I had fast reflexes!
Jefferson's Brother: My brother's gonna shit!
Jeff Spicoli: Make up your mind, dude, is he gonna shit or is he gonna kill us?
Jefferson's Brother: First he's gonna shit, then he's gonna kill us!
Jeff Spicoli: Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

Tasmin21
05-08-2009, 10:29 PM
When I was in high school, the fast food places were just implementing this novel idea of ordering face-to-face with a person at the drive-through instead of through a speaker.

So, our next course of action was to put one of my buddies spread-eagled on the roof of a car, clinging by the tips of his fingers. We'd pull up to the order window, and he'd look at the person and say "I'd like to order some help please!" And then we'd drive off.

The other variant on said act was for him to flash his wallet at them and say "Special Agent Kris Smith*, call for back up!"

*names changed to protect the idiotic

KTC
05-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Jefferson's Brother: My brother's gonna kill us! He's gonna kill us! He's gonna kill you and he's gonna kill me, he's gonna kill us!
Jeff Spicoli: Hey man, just be glad I had fast reflexes!
Jefferson's Brother: My brother's gonna shit!
Jeff Spicoli: Make up your mind, dude, is he gonna shit or is he gonna kill us?
Jefferson's Brother: First he's gonna shit, then he's gonna kill us!
Jeff Spicoli: Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

I can close my eyes and re-see this entire scene. (-;

KTC
05-08-2009, 10:32 PM
I once pulled my vice principal's hair off. She wore a wig and she was way too big for her britches.

Wayne K
05-08-2009, 10:38 PM
"You mind if we dance with yo dates?"

Wayne K
05-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I pulled a wig off once--you don't want to know.

Shail
05-08-2009, 10:42 PM
On the last day of senior year we pulled a water hose into the lobby and covered the floor with water from the spiggot outside.

The principal: pissed.
Vice principal: Pissed
Janitors: pretending to be pissed, and laughing behind their hands

We also used to give the vice principal a hard time because he resembled Jeff Foxworthy. On the last day of school several students dressed up in 'Foxworthy-ish' costumes and mimicked the vice principal. He was mad, but what could he do. Seniors on the last day of school can't be suspended.

Cyia
05-08-2009, 10:42 PM
That would be okay, if it was actually coming from a real wolf, not from a supposedly mature high school boy.

:ROFL::roll::ROFL::roll::ROFL::roll::ROFL::roll::R OFL::roll::ROFL::roll::ROFL::roll::ROFL::roll::ROF L::roll::ROFL::roll::ROFL::roll::ROFL::roll::ROFL: :roll::ROFL::roll:

Now that I've got that out of my system... :ROFL::roll:

High school stories? Would you like to know why my graduating class was barred from the Federal Reserve? Or why we lost our Senior Picnic? Or why the school refused to sanction our Senior trip since it involved leaving the country? Or why our exchange students got deported? Or why our graduation drew news coverage?

We wuz bad kidz.

(We also ended up as a movie-of-the-week on Lifetime, though that one's not even remotely funny)

Williebee
05-08-2009, 10:44 PM

Yeah, that pretty much sums ME up.

Mitch Taylor: Something strange happened to me this morning.

Chris Knight: Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Mitch Taylor: No.

Chris Knight: Why am I the only person that has that dream?

SPMiller
05-08-2009, 11:25 PM
ummm... we never mature. Best we can accomplish is to pretend to be mature or get better at masking our immaturity.That's more or less how it goes. The ridiculous urges/impulses don't go away. We just learn to deny them.

Spring
05-08-2009, 11:43 PM
This thread is hilarious. Thanks for the afternoon giggles.

MaLanie1971
05-08-2009, 11:45 PM
I really didn't do too much in HS, as I was the mature one, but my teenage mom and step dad did things like:

Let the air out of the tires while parked on train tracks, put the car in neutral and sat up on the roof smoking a joint as it car rolled along the tracks. (yep, I was a child and in the car)

drive up to a fast food window, open the panel wagon door and mooned the people. (yes, I was there and yes, I had a very odd childhood. That is what happens when your born to a 15 year old mother- why do you think I am writing a memoir?)

Or they did dough nuts in the TG&Y parking lot

Or smuggled people into the drive-in theater in the trunk of the car (so dangerous!)

Or obeyed the NO SHIRT, NO SHOES, NO SERVICE signs by running through fast food places wearing ONLY a SHIRT AND SHOES! You should have seen the peoples faces! Nothing like eating a burger and looking up to see a wanker flopping around on some guy running through the store!

Or when we moved to Oklahoma we had Cow Pattie fights (it started out with the hard ones and then went to the fresh ones, YUCK!)

I have more but I will save them for my memoir, as I need some humorous stories to get through the sad parts.

jennontheisland
05-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Silly stories from high school? None. I was too busy either smoking weed behind the machine shop, or encouraging guys to stop denying their urges to notice any of the tomfoolery.

I did have a couple of friends who would act out fight scenes long distance. They'd stand 6 feet apart and throw punches at each other, then act like they'd been hit. But then, we were in the drama club, so that was normal.

shakeysix
05-09-2009, 12:52 AM
about ten years ago i was teaching in another high school in another galaxy. we hated our principal. we hated our superintendent. it had been a hellacious year. now the kids were gone and it was a teacher's workday. we had all afternoon to get grades computed and classrooms in order. instead some idiot science teacher started squirting some idiot english teacher with a squirt gun he had confiscated that morning. so the staff who had squirt guns in our desks formed a commando team and went from room to room squirting teachers. things escalated from there. some of us were outgunned and forced to go down the street to the local k-mart for super soakers. we were soaked. the posters were soaked off the walls and the principal was due back in 15 minutes when we came to our senses and called a truce, borrowed mops from the custodians closet and cleaned up our mess. i count that as one of the most hilarious days of my life and i was in my forties when it happened--s6

geardrops
05-09-2009, 12:57 AM
... a supposedly mature high school boy.

Re: your use of "mature" in this sentence

I do not think that means what you think it means.

dgiharris
05-09-2009, 01:49 AM
That's more or less how it goes. The ridiculous urges/impulses don't go away. We just learn to deny them.

You are wrong, at least in my case. I do not deny them. I've learned to hide them.

I've also refined them, honed them to a razor's edge.

One day at work, i was running some football squares for the superbowl. $10 a square.

So one of my coworkers wanted in but would pay me later. Few days goes by and everyday she forgot or didn't have change or whatever...

So three days before the game, I borrowed a couple of hundred posted notes, and blanketed every single square inch of her office.

The notes said: Wheres my money! Better pay up!

I also printed out some pictures of the Sopranos, New Jack City, Goodfellas, etc. and posted them up with sayings like "Don't make us come after you"

At this point it is worth mentioning that this person is high up on our food chain, director level.

Anyways, my coworkers (I was in a meeting at the time) were hanging around her office waiting for her to come in and guess what. She is with the GM of our division (along with a couple of other directors). They approach her office and the GM dies laughing. She turns every shade of red as she again doesn't have any cash. The GM hands her $10 and says, "You better take care of this, I'd hate for you to get whacked".

They then crash my meeting while she pays me the $10.

Later, she told me what happened (with the GM) and we both died laughing.

Mel...

Clair Dickson
05-09-2009, 02:28 AM
There's a series on TV (I think it's on MTVH1?) called High School Stories. Deals with high school/ senior pranks. There's another one I caught only once that just has high school stories, but includes the principals' takes on it, too.

But, from my own chronicles:
My sophmore year, someone poured cooking oil down B-hall. Staff was livid b/c cooking oil doesn't clean up very easily. We had to stay over in our classrooms until they deemed it safe to walk on the floor.

A few years before my time, someone took the posts out of the door and drove a Chevette down the hall and parked it at the intersection of the three main halls (effectively blocking traffic flow for most of the school as the school was kind of T-shaped.)

On the last day of school, our bus driver overlooked a huge water fight. She told the students to keep it to the back of the bus and those who wanted to stay dry should sit up front. Then, she drove away from the school. It lasted all of five minutes, but the whole rest of the ride (I was the LAST stop those years) water sloshed along the aisle up to the front and dibbled down the steps.

My bus driver let the kids in the back of the bus beat around a beach ball for about a week until some girl got upset and decided to stick up for the driver. Driver didn't care-- she knew she'd move to a better route the next year. That bus route was the "lowest seniority" route.

Smoke bombs and stink bombs of course.

Feces on the walls in the closest bathrooms.

From my teaching days:
Condom covered cars seem popular.
Barking or oinking in the halls (oinking in the heavily-Islam area of Dearborn is, for some reason *hilarious*)
Using the sign in sheet to write that [insert name] is gay, stupid, an ass, etc is popular amongst some.
Farting or belching extra loud (girls get in on the belching, but not the farting.)
Using a toilet as a sink. Also that same year in summer school, a student went into an empty classroom and made a bowel movement in the corner. Sadly, we never were able to figure out who it was.
Chucking candy (Skittles are a favorite, but some students are not particular) at other students. Coins work too.
Leaving milk or other food items in the desks. (Our classes are small in size, so not all desks get used each class.) Days pass...
Saying "Penis" or some other word to test the teacher and see what happens. Esp. used with substitute teachers.

From my days in retail trying to avoid night-time yahoos--
Stacking milk crates in the aisle. (This was actually my favorite, because, there, alone in the aisle, was this stack of a dozen crates. They'd done it quietly and scurried off.)
Knocking the plastic bins off the shelves
Driving the little carts provided for the disabled and crashing into each other/ shelves/ other customers
Pranking the Toy Department asking for sex toys
Riding the bikes through the store at top speed
Riding skateboards through the store
Riding the staff-use carts
Silly string

That's all I can think of right now.

Pagey's_Girl
05-09-2009, 02:42 AM
I've got one from high school that I didn't do, but kind of caused...

What happened was, the business department had a nice little award ceremony/potluck party for all the students. Me and two of my best friends, who were taking Business Law, got together and baked several batches of brownies to bring in. One of them even nicked a few of the free bakery boxes from one of the supermarkets so we'd have something nice to put them in. We bought walnut brownie mix, and I found a bag of walnuts at home and even put a nice walnut on top of every one to make them look nice and professional.

Yes, those walnuts are important.

Fast forward to the potluck party. As we're setting up, two of the biggest jocks jerks in school come sauntering in carrying three white bakery boxes - full of brownies. They were NOT happy to see ours. One of the teachers tool their boxes and put them at one end of the table, with ours at the other. Well, we ended up having to shuffle a bunch of stuff around - and somehow, in the process, both of the jerks vanished - with their brownies. (We knew it was their boxes that went missing because theirs didn't have walnuts on top.) Well, they never did come back, so we just shrugged them off as morons and forgot about it...

Morons doesn't begin to cover it.

You see, there two idiots had decided to play a nasty little joke on everyone - they'd whipped up a delicious batch of chocolate Ex-Lax brownies. From what I heard later, they'd bought five or six boxes of Ex-Lax and crumbled it into the brownie mix. What they didn't count on was someone else bringing on brownies, too - which would reduce the chances of anyone eating theirs. So they decided to grab ours and "get rid" of them - except they ate a bunch of them instead...

And yeah, they grabbed the wrong boxes and never realized it. From what we heard, it wasn't a pretty sight in the boys' room when the Ex-Lax kicked in an hour or so later. It was a few days before either of them made it back to school - and graduation before either of them heard the end of it. :D

Grrarrgh
05-09-2009, 04:06 AM
Every year, the seniors in my high school would perform some crazy prank toward the end of the year. I don't remember our own or the one my junior year, buy my freshman year the seniors somehow got the principal's car up onto the roof of the building. I know that one is done a lot, but we were greatly amused by it at the time.

In my high school, the cafeteria was a large open area that had a balcony all around the upper area. My sophomore year, the seniors all gathered around the balcony during the lunch area and threw hundreds of snakes down on the diners below. Some were real snakes, some were rubber. It was pretty funny.

Anther group of kids during my high school tenure filled our swimming pool with Jell-o. Another oldie but goodie, I know, but again, hysterically funny at the time.

Pagey's_Girl
05-09-2009, 04:36 AM
Anther group of kids during my high school tenure filled our swimming pool with Jell-o. Another oldie but goodie, I know, but again, hysterically funny at the time.

*Imagines someone blithely leaping off the high dive board without looking to see if the "water" in the pool is really water...*

:ROFL:

C.bronco
05-09-2009, 05:48 AM
I never made an effort to act maturely in high school, but did get kicked out of the library for tap dancing (it was rather good though I never had a lesson in my life).

SPMiller
05-09-2009, 04:18 PM
[...] encouraging guys to stop denying their urges [...]Well, that depends entirely on the nature of the urge, now doesn't it?

Grrarrgh
05-09-2009, 06:04 PM
*Imagines someone blithely leaping off the high dive board without looking to see if the "water" in the pool is really water...*

I always had this picture in my head of 50 people sitting around for hours opening those little boxes of Jello, trying desperately to get enough to fill a swimming pool.

Wayne K
05-09-2009, 06:06 PM
How big was the swimming pool?

TabithaTodd
05-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Uhm...my son's poopie song...although not in high school still funny none the less...

***WARNING TALK OF POOP COMING***
Oh my belly is crampy
Gotta take a dumpy
Gonna leave a stainy
Oh my god itís stinkies
Almost didnít get my pants down my leggies
Just killed the birdie
because he came up the stairs with meeee
Birdie gasped and did the funky wormy
Now Iím standing and still crampy
Oh no it ran down my leggies
This really really suckies
When you have the squirties
so soft and stinkies
with the streakies
on your undies!

Or perhaps the antics of my children as per description by yours truly:

This is pretty much how it goes:

5yr old: Mommmmmmmyyyy
Me: Iím going to the bathroom B can you wait please.
5 yr old: But mommy, I have to go pee pee
Me: I am going to the bathroom B, please wait for me to finish
silence for all of 5 secondsÖ

5 yr old: Mama are you doing poopie?
Me: *sigh* B, please leave me go in peace
5yr old: mama I donít wanna pee in your stinky
4yr old: Mama can I sit with you while you go potty?
Me to 4 yr old: NO!
While 5 yr old laughs
4 yr old: But mama, you make funny faces when you poo!
7 yr old barges right in with baby in arms and 2 yr old behind himÖ

*SIGH*

And then there is the "Drink Drill" http://thenaturalmama.wordpress.com/2007/11/24/the-never-ending-question/

jennontheisland
05-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Well, that depends entirely on the nature of the urge, now doesn't it?
For the most part, I'm willing to encourage all kinds of bad behaviour. Did I mention my high school was across the street from a cemetery?

2old2pb
05-09-2009, 10:36 PM
What was the question again? I forgot.

Elwolf
05-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Clair, that list was hilarious. Although, the bowel movement was sort of gross. I'll need to share this with my friends. Really.

Hmmm...Should I really be giving them any ideas?

spamwarrior
05-20-2009, 08:04 PM

I'd imagine jello would be jiggly. Did they bounce off?

Elwolf
05-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Sorry for the mess up sentence. I guess, when you think about it, it is pretty funny. Whatever.

Oh, and the question was: "Do you have any funny high school stories?"

I probably messed up on that one too. Well, I haven't seen any senior pranks lately. My brother, when he was a senior, his class let a bunch of chickens from a nearby chicken house loose on the school grounds. Ya, they got in big trouble.