PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Freelance Writers [Demand Studios; pay rates vary]

hadri
05-08-2009, 05:38 AM
Take control of your writing career with Demand Studios. We give you the tools and flexibility you need to earn a living while pursuing your passion for writing.

Demand Studios writers supply high quality articles to a network of websites that reaches over 30 million people a month. Due to expanded distribution, we are now recruiting new writers to research and write articles.

This is a freelance position where you can claim and work on multiple assignments at a time, allowing you to work at your own pace and earn extra money around your own schedule.

We offer a variety of payment options, including upfront and royalty based. Payments are made weekly and deposited into your PayPal account.

Our articles assignments vary in length and format. They also cover a broad range of categories so you can focus on the topics that interest you most. All writers receive a byline on each piece written.

Work as much as you want, on whatever you want, from wherever you want with Demand Studios. To apply, please upload your resume and writing sample via our online application:

https://www.demandstudios.com/application.html?utm_source=absolute&utm_medium=jobpost&utm_campaign=app

Radical Ancient
05-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Hi,
I work as a freelance writer and proofreader, and I'd be interested in applying for these jobs on your site. However, you don't have any details regarding payment posted either in this post or on the site(I checked).
Please give some details as to the range of payment, or at least the basic payment, a writer or proofreader could expect.
Thanks!

TemlynWriting
05-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Hi,
I work as a freelance writer and proofreader, and I'd be interested in applying for these jobs on your site. However, you don't have any details regarding payment posted either in this post or on the site(I checked).
Please give some details as to the range of payment, or at least the basic payment, a writer or proofreader could expect.
Thanks!

Radical_Ancient,

Welcome to Absolute Write! Demand Studios is a fairly well-known content writing company 'round these parts, and many of our members have shared their experiences in this thread (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83930) in our SEO/Content/Blog Networks (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=200) sub-forum, located within our Freelance Writing (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=199) forum.

Some of your questions will no doubt be answered in the aforementioned thread (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83930).

Hope that helps! :)

TemlynWriting
05-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Also, I've checked and hadri, who started this thread, appears to be employed by Demand Studios. Therefore, I will let this thread stand in the Paying Markets forum. I was briefly concerned that it was a referral link by some random person, in which case I would have moved it to Networking: Sharing Leads.

(Just in case anyone wonders. :))

Radical Ancient
05-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Thank you :)
I'm surfing through the threads about them now, my fears/worries have definitely been allayed.

I've been lurking here a few days before joining, and I'd like to give you mods a thumbs-up for being so active and helpful, all the time.
Looking forward to a good time here!

lostpoet
05-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Hey, this looks good then. Thank you for the 'no fear' Julia :) Signing up!

TemlynWriting
05-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Hey, this looks good then. Thank you for the 'no fear' Julia :) Signing up!

You're welcome, lostpoet. I would definitely encourage you to peruse the thread dedicated to Demand (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83930). There's a lot of information there. :)

TemlynWriting
05-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Thank you :)
I'm surfing through the threads about them now, my fears/worries have definitely been allayed.

You're welcome!

I've been lurking here a few days before joining, and I'd like to give you mods a thumbs-up for being so active and helpful, all the time.
Looking forward to a good time here!

Thank you for the kind words! We try our best. We want AW to be a haven for writers, so kind words like yours make us feel great! :)

lostpoet
05-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the help :)

but US only. Oh well...

Locusta
05-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Could anyone help clarify the "US only" aspect of Demand Studio? I am an American Citizen, but I happen to be living outside the United States right now. Would I be able to write for Demand Studio?

Cleopatra Jones
05-08-2009, 01:21 PM
I write for Demand Studios, but live in France. For tax purposes, I gave them a US address (my mother's) and my SS#. They pay me in USD thru Paypal and I haven't had any problem. At the end of the year, I assume they'll send the appropriate tax documents to my mother's address.

padnar
05-08-2009, 01:24 PM
will they accept Indian writers ?
Padma

SouthernFriedJulie
05-08-2009, 02:54 PM
For out of the States writers:

You can do what Cleopatra said, but be aware that the address you use in the States will get a tax form, if I understood correctly.

Locusta
05-08-2009, 02:57 PM
I write for Demand Studios, but live in France. For tax purposes, I gave them a US address (my mother's) and my SS#. They pay me in USD thru Paypal and I haven't had any problem. At the end of the year, I assume they'll send the appropriate tax documents to my mother's address.

Thank you.

lostpoet
05-10-2009, 09:44 PM
They want a Tax ID so i can't apply. For those who have it like Locusta here, can apply. @Padma - not unless you have an US SS# and address.

8thSamurai
05-26-2009, 09:24 AM
I applied, with my SSN and current New York address, and was told (in a non respondable email) that I was ineligible because I wasn't a US citizen. Very confused now.

Amelia23
05-26-2009, 07:54 PM
I got the something similar. Well, sort of. My profile is on Demand Studios, and they had a note that they needed my SS number. I gave it to them, and I still could not get in to see the article listings. So I wrote them and they told me I was denied. Makes me wonder why they kept my profile up, especially telling me that they needed the SS number and my profile updated.!!??

It seems everyone else is getting on or accepted but I can't seem to. Oh well, perhaps at a later date when I have more articles on the internet. Don't know why they would say you weren't in the US. Last I checked New York was or is in the US.

Amelia23